This tutorial will teach you how to make walking Necrons. Like the ones you see in the picture above. Lets start..
- First of all cut off the legs at the hip.
- Cut off the toes on the leg you want trailing behind. (you don’t have to do this, I’ve not done it on the Far right Warrior on the 1st Pic)
- The forward leg you’ll need to cut off the foot as it’s at an odd angle this can be repositioned later.
- On the forward leg bend the knee so it’s almost straight. If you warm the plastic a little with your fingers it’s easier to bend and wont snap. Once you’ve done that add a little bit of super glue to the back of the knee to stop it going back to it’s original form. Then glue the foot back on making sure it’s straight.
- On the trailing leg glue the toes back on at an angle. The toes will be flat to the base while the rest of the foot will be at an angle, like so……
Glue the Legs back on to the hips. You’ll need to remove or reshape the remenants of the ball joint so the legs fall into position. The best way of doing this is to remove them all together and pin the legs to the hips. You can then use Green Stuff to recreate the Ball. If you want these for gaming i recommend pinning them otherwise the whole model is too brittle.
Stick to a base and hope the toes are aligned properly.
A back view