Hey guys! So again, its been a week since I posted anything, but after the IG commission, I needed a little break to work on some schoolwork and my own pieces. I had my senior art portfolio due on Thursday which, as I’m sure most of you can guess, consisted of many of my best commission pieces, as well as some good school pieces.
Hey guys! Man, a week since my last post…that’s
As always check out my podcast and main blog Skared podcast HERE . Hello all! So, its been a week since I released the podcast. And the site seems to be handling traffic more often now, this means more regular content! This time I wanted to share a WIP project that I have been working on over the last couple of days. I had a ravager sitting in a box, unbuilt and ready to go, but i wanted to do something different. Now, I wanted to convert a centerpiece for my Dark Eldar force and what better than a raider for my HQ to ride on in style? The inspiration for this design was the Dark Eldar Tantalus from forgeworld. The biggest obstacle for me was starting to cut up the model! I wanted to be able to do it and not mess it up horribly. Anyhow, here is the a progression of pictures, the first cuts and design: Then the general shape: And the overall concept: Anyhow, thanks for reading.
Today marks a week since the Demigryphs were released and my attempt at painting them has stalled a little. I have (at last) completed the mounts, and I’m loving the cheeky look on their faces… I have elected to keep with my Nordland colour scheme, so have painted the barding in a blue and cream combination. I am liking how they look, but they do remindme a little of some pottery my mother used to display in her display cabinet years ago.
It’s been a week since I put up the first workbench so in an attempt to keep myself on track I’ll aim to get a new one up each week. Here’s the new list. I figure I’ll keep the old … Continue reading →
So I finally managed to finish my RoB, took about a week since getting the paint. Took two coats of arylic paint, I used a very dark brown from Hobby Craft, still got some left for touch ups. I then dry brushed the rocks on the slopes codex grey and picked out the skulls and bones with bleached bone, the bones where then double washed with devlan mud. The lava I did with two coats of orange, then blood red over the top but leaving the edges of the orange showing. I had some static grass already so used some PVA glue and put the grass on the hill tops only