Well, the latest batch of Cultists is almost done. Not much to say other than I’m working on the basing now and the rest is complete. Usual disclaimer, quick shot and some day (in a time far, far away), I’ll … Continue reading → The post Thor’s Workbench: Chaos Cultists WIP #3 appeared first on Creative Twilight .
Finished this guy last night – except for the basing which Ill do tonight – and Im really happy with the way it turned out.
The final bloodcrusher of my pack has finally been based after much time has elapsed.
Finished work on this guy the other night completing the detailing around his face and the basing.
Couple of quick pics of the units currently on my painting table.
Meandering around the local gardening hardware store, I came across some ingredients to help with basing that I wanted to share with you.
Scribor monstrous miniatures sells a range of resin cast miniatures for both fantasy and sci-fi (most being of 28mm scale, but some larger ones too).
A new product from Back2Basix : 40k coherency trays .
It is always nice to see well painted miniature, however, sometimes it is not the miniature that is really good but its base. In most cases good looking base can made badly painted miniature look better. When I talk about bases, I mean bases for miniatures that are going to be used in games and those that will only look good on your shelf. In Warhammer Fantasy for example, there are different sizes of bases. Ones that are mostly used are 20mm and 25mm square bases, as these are used for rank and file infantry as well as for many other units. There are also larger bases for cavalry and for different beasts. In Warhammer 40k, infantry is placed on 25mm round bases and some bigger things, like weapon teams, are placed on 40mm round bases.
When I started building Daemons I knew I wanted to do something special with the basing and I wanted to make my first attempt at a display board. After bouncing around ideas with Big d for awhile I finally settled on a setup involving LEDs under a reccesed display board with bases cut out to allow the LEDs to shine thru. The runes found inside the WoC army book came in handy when I was looking for designs I wanted a really rough dug out look to the ruins so I used a soldering iron to melt the runes into the bases I’m looking forward to the trial by fire that this project is going to be next week I should have them based, painted and flocked with 18 fiends sitting atop them. See you then Dan