Hi everyone, I
One of my hobby resolutions for this year was to improve my gaming table. It’s taken me until May to get round to it but today I broke up my old table and rebuilt it into something a lot more useful. On the right you can see the end result but here’s a run down of the process. First off here’s my old table. Basically it was an old desk that came with our old house. The board in the background is the top of the table that I made a while ago. The long sides of the desk are pretty much perfectly sized to make the short sides of the new table. This will give me the legs without having to pay a penny. Here I’ve broken up the desk and saved the legs which I’ve loosely attached to the table. As you can see the existing table top will be used as the basis for the new one.
First up big props to GW Australia for some excellent customer service. A new High Elf army book is already on its way out to me to replace the damaged one I recieved the other day, and I get to keep the damaged one which saves me the cost of returning it. Thanks GW thats awesome. First run with the new High Elves will hopefully be in a fortnights time, and then again (if I can get a leave pass) at my next WHFB tournament Horned Rat VI. As stated Im using the new book as an incentive for stripping, repainting and rebasing my entire High Elf collection. The new paint scheme will mirror that of my Dwarfs – Ultramarine Blue, Goblin Green & Scab Red. Luckily I have A LOT of unpainted High Elves to practice on starting with 10 IOB Swordmasters. The new scheme a WIP and still pretty messy
Every time I go to my FLGS this wraith engine stares at me, sitting lonely on a shelf collecting dust.
No High Elf book in the mail at work today as the mailroom took 1/2 the day off.
On the Saturday the Battle Brothers organisers run a painting competition for individual models with the full army competition on the Sunday. One of the things I’ve always liked about the doubles events is that armies have to be fully painted which makes for some great looking battles. This time the Legends competition had very few entries in all but the “Hero of Legend” category which I think is a shame since I’d seen plenty of suitable candidates as I wandered around. Here’s a selection from the cabinets. Beast of Legend This was the only category we entered using one of our dreadknights. The eventual winner was the minotaur chaos daemon thingy (I really ought to know the name). Monument of Legend There really wasn’t many entries in this category and the stand-out piece and eventual winner were these fantastic objective markers. Engine of Legend Again, very few entries but the winner was the mauler-fiend and deservedly so as the panels were stunningly painted.
Watchtower vs. Vampire Counts First Turn – No Watchtower – Yes Final game of Day 1 up against Glen Burfield's Vampire Count list.
Here’s the first three games from our weekend at Warhammer World. I posted our list up yesterday for those who are interested. Game One – Titanic Fenrisians vs. GK/DA Our opponents, Chris and Elliot, were also fielding a similarly equipped dreadknight (no sword) supported by 5 GK terminators with a grand master, 5 DA scouts behind a quad gun aegis, 5 DW terminators and 5 DW knights with Belial. The GK terminators wouldn’t do our dreadknights any favours if we got too close thanks to psyk-out grenades and the deathwing knights would be no picnic either as they’d be likely to “Smite” a dreadknight down. We were playing Crusade (5) on Hammer and Anvil. Our opponents won the first turn and deployed with terminators on each side and the scouts within the aegis line in the back corner. Belial and the DW knights would be deepstriking. We deployed with our two dreadknights either side of our strike squad hoping they’d jump the dreadknight far enough for us to get in combat and bring it down turn one