Overcosted 40k models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undecosted 40k models

Obliterators - good in assault, best unit in the game at shooting, 2 wounds and 2+ save/5+ invl? These should cost 100 pnts+ a piece.

Dakkafexes - too good for the points costs, way too good. could be argued that these are even better than sniperfexes.

Harlequins - 150% better than assault marines and 100% better than carapaced genestealers for around the same points cost. Why would anyone ever take banshees?

Thoughts? Anything else you guys want to add?

Last edited by Supraboytt; August 2nd, 2007 at 14:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some units are strangely priced but from whatI've seen, GW do it for reasons like encouraging characterful armies (like making thunder hammers the same cost as power fists to encourage a style of play) or to give options of converting that doesn't disadvantage you for doing so.

I've never seen obliterators, how good are they? I haven't seen many chaos players with them actually, so I'm assuming theres a big weakness to exploit.

One of the examples of this I've come across, is the DH armoury has SM cost stuff for Inquisitors. Inquisitorsare basically human, but have to pay SM costs for it all, seems a little unfair to me. Seeing as not many people use them for assault anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I disagree with the oblits being undercosted. the T4 is their biggest weakness. I've lost whole oblits to lascannon, melta, railgun etc etc time and time again, the 5+ save is not consistant enough to save them often.
    Consider how they were when they were a straight T5.

Banshees? because power weapons trump rending. While rending is nice, its inconsistant.
    Throw in an exarch with executioner in there and you've got some really nice "guaranteed" wounding potential. I've seen a WHOLE harlie troop assault and get no rendings... I made all my armor saves. The strikes back nearly wiped them out to the man.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post

Banshees? because power weapons trump rending.

While rending is nice, its inconsistant.
    I disagree. Rending is way more versitile, it can take down carnifexes to wraithlords to vehicles to basic troops.

Power weapons are nice but you still have to roll to hit with str 3. Power weapons are inconsistent too, Don't forget you have to hit then roll to wound on a 5+.

Getting unlucky rolls isn't a good argument against rending, as with any other weapon or unit or strategy in warhammer. We have to go with overall averages and base our arguments on that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Banshees? because power weapons trump rending. While rending is nice, its inconsistant.
    Throw in an exarch with executioner in there and you've got some really nice "guaranteed" wounding potential. I've seen a WHOLE harlie troop assault and get no rendings... I made all my armor saves. The strikes back nearly wiped them out to the man.
    All the aspect warriors can be trumped, though. Harlies have the strength of scorpions (on the charge), the volume of attacks of scorpions, the WS of exarchs and the rending of...errr...genestealers.

While rending is inconsistent, it generalises better to bigger things (Monsters and vehicles) than the fairly weedy power weapons of the banshees.

The troupe master could have a power weapon...but quite why you want a troupe master, I don't know...

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Any discussion about things that are under priced (undercosted? WTF?) has to include DE Archites.

I think there are few things in 40k that has more killing potential per point spent then a DE Lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the Eldar upgrade 'Holo field'? I mean, it does cost a couple points but its such an AMAZING piece of wargear. Suddenly a weak tank becomes nearly indistructable.
    KROOT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I wish that I could give example from a WH codex, but for us, nothing seems underprised :cry: Necrons? Hmmm, nothing really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

IIRC In the current codex Obliterators were T5 and Str5(10 since they also were armed with a powerfist). Obliterators in themselves of having only a 3 is not that bad, but with the current Iron Warrior force imagine 9 Obliterators with Tank Hunter Missile Launcher havocs and Autocannon havocs with a tooled Demonprince, amonst other shooty stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    All the aspect warriors can be trumped, though. Harlies have the strength of scorpions (on the charge), the volume of attacks of scorpions, the WS of exarchs and the rending of...errr...genestealers.

While rending is inconsistent, it generalises better to bigger things (Monsters and vehicles) than the fairly weedy power weapons of the banshees.

The troupe master could have a power weapon...but quite why you want a troupe master, I don't know...
    Yeh harlies have pretty much have everything.

Hit and run
    Furious assault
    ignore difficult terrain
    5+ invul
    rending
    2 melta pistols in the squad
    Can only be seen 2x2d6 inches - 14 inches on average
    Fleet of foot
    6 inititave

all for a 22 point model.....
    Last edited by Supraboytt; August 3rd, 2007 at 15:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast