Best COD army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the best for COD?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaos

1 2.22%
  • Deamon hunters

0 0%
  • Dark eldar

7 15.56%
  • Eldar

1 2.22%
  • Imperial Guard

10 22.22%
  • Necrons

1 2.22%
  • Orks

2 4.44%
  • Tau

5 11.11%
  • Space Marines

1 2.22%
  • Sisters of Battle

6 13.33%
  • Tyranids

9 20.00%
  • Kroot

2 4.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best COD army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Best COD army

Okay vote for the army that you believe is best suited for COD and tell why in your post.

I believe that Kroot are the best army for COD. They befit greatly from the cover as their armour save sucks. Also the ability for almost (if not every) unit they have to take frag grenades.

Prey they don't take you alive

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to say Gaurd is I will say abov average in CoD just because where we play their is no actual store or hobby shop we play in just at my house so we haven't got around to buying the CoD codex yet. But thier mix of large numbers of cheap troops who benefit from the cover. And also has a large number of tanks and various indirect fire weapons to support its infantry.
    Last edited by Joe the Guardsmen guy; August 10th, 2007 at 04:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll haf ta grab me choppa and me slugga on dis here vote.

Orks that will almost always have cover saves? The green tide loves it. {goofy}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i have to say tyranid. im a tau player, (surprise, surprise) with a mech list. even with the mobile fire power, getting good firing lanes is hard in COD. with a static shooty lists like guard, murder. tyranid get all sort of cool terrain avoiding things like MC's, fleet of claw, blah blah blah. then the cover saves they get makes up for the lack of an amour save they have for the unending swarm coming at you. the only problem they have is 1st turn for them. deployment zones are crowded and a good pie plate or two will really knock down their numbers. thank the greater good for the railgun hammerhead.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Space marines I think. Their armour and ability in CC allows them to hold buildings well I think, while picking off attackers with a decent steady firepower.
    Though I think its not maybe the army that wins COD games, but rather the list you have with you.
    I mean while tanks are good, they will choke up streets and what not if destroyed.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

It's gotta be dark eldar. No kidding. We get that great cover save, there is plenty of cover behind which we can hide our skimmers and our plasma grenades negate cover when assaulting. Perhaps the biggest advantage is that you always deploy as if it's cleanse, meaning table quarters, meaning you can end up starting much closer than normal and hence get in a bunch of first turn charges. Skimmers fly over buildings easily unlike the other tanks that could get immobilized when trying. Even mandrakes start being awesome. Haemonculi finally come into their own with their destructors. Pretty much, just about everything in the army benefits from CoD more than any other army does. Eldar aren't bad in it either, but I'd disagree about kroot. Kroot are far better with forests, same cover save for them, you get that LoS bonus and such plus the enemy doesn't share your great cover save. Seeing 12" through forests is a huge bonus and is worth mentioning twice. Nids are also pretty good.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; August 17th, 2007 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

with a static shooty lists like guard, murder.
    Not all IG lists are static. Mine certainly isn't, and my skitarii have won ludicrously more cityfight games than they have lost!

As for the poll, there needs to be another option: "all are good in the hands of a good player, and bad in the hand of someone who knows not what they are doing!"

I've seen IG players that own the field, and others with a similar list that will be destroyed by turn 2. Same goes for every other army in that list!

Sure, marines don't benefit from the cover save very often, however they do benefit by being able to approach up close without taking many casualties - very dangerous! Nids can be hit and miss, dark eldar the same.

(Although, admittedly, no-one seems to play kroot around here. I would asume a similar story...)
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Sisters my good man, what does the endless tide of heavy flamer templates care for bugs and greenskins with cover saves? =)

Harlequins are also absofreakinglutely ridiculous in CoD. I don't see how anyone could ever manage to lose a CoD game with 30 harlequins.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Harlequins are also absofreakinglutely ridiculous in CoD. I don't see how anyone could ever manage to lose a CoD game with 30 harlequins.

Actually, this is a pretty good point. I fielded a combat patrol the other day, comprising of 10 guardians (scatter laser)+warlock, warwalker (2 starcannons) and about 8 harlequins with shadowseer and kisses.

The harlies were truly viscious. Viscious!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau hands down

you can usher ur enemies into pre planned fire zones and wipe the floor with them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast