1700pt. Daemonhunters List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 (x1)

i'm just starting out with DH and I currently have 5 terminators.

Grand Master- Master-Crafted NFW, Icon of the Just, & psycannon bolts
    7 Terminators- 1 Incinerator

Inquisitor- Power armor, targeter and psycannon
    2 gun servitors- 2 Heavy bolters
    2 sages
    2 acolytes- Power armor

Callidus Assassin

Junior officer
    4 guardsmen- Lascannon
    9 guardsmen & 1 sergeant- Missile Launcher
    9 guardsmen & 1 sergeant- Missile Launcher

Veteran- Teleporter homer
    4 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers

5 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers

Fast Attack
    9x Grey Knights

Heavy Support
    Land Raider Crusader- Psycannon bolts and dozer blade

the strom troopers are just there to fill in the required troops slots.

I have also have a DH related question. does the grandmaster's NFW count as a power weapon AND force weapon or do you have to use one or the other.

2. Remove Advertisements

Cranston, RI
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

The GM's NFW works like a power weapon with optional role for the instant kill.

The biggest problem with this list that I can see is that you're giving yourself even less troops than the already-scarce usual DH army. The IST's will be useless in the size they're at (and on foot, the Teleport Homer won't do much good for you). The Inquisitor and Guard are all heavy weapons, so won't be advancing much. The Callidus, while great, won't last forever. That leaves you with one squad of GK and one squad of Termies, both of which could easily be lost to the warp on arrival.

Cut down the Termie squad size, drop the Callidus, and drop some of the shiny extras you've got. Put the IST's in a transport, with special weapons and more models for them to be effective. And take either more GK (FA or Troop) or another IG Platoon.

This list would probably do pretty decent against a mechanized foe, but large armies that can absorb individual loses (IG/Nids/Orks) would probably tear you apart.

Closed Thread