Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperial Guard 40k In 40 Minutes

552 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hrothgar Iron Wolf 
#1 ·
Im having a battle tommorow against my friends space marines and i came up with this list, i would appreciate any coments you all have on it

Hq- junior officer with iron discipline, frag grenades, power weapon, macharian cross
command squad with 2 flamers, 1 vox caster,1 vetran with power weapon and ccw

2 infantry squads with grenade launcher, vox op and sharpshooters

3 sentinels 1 with heavy flamer, 1 with multilaser, 1 with lascannon

my doctrines are iron discipline, sharpshooters, drop droops and close order drill

#2 ·
Originally posted by Mechxwarlord@Mar 15 2004, 16:40
1 vetran with power weapon and ccw
A Veteran Guardsman cannot have a Power Weapon, as those are for Officers only. I think you mean that the Lieutenant has the Power Weapon.

This list looks alright. Against Marines, you should probably get some Plasma Guns or Meltaguns instead of Grenade Launchers (better AP to break the Marine's armor save.) Also, I don't think the Macharian Cross is too necessary, considering this is a very small force.

And make sure to use the three Sentinels in three seperate units so that they can move around seperately and so that they can't hurt by one squad of shooting.

#3 ·
i was mistaken with the power weapon thing, i guess ill have 5 point extra now... i love taking sentinels against marines, because once they get stuck into a tactical squad they are usually there untill the end of the battle, i would use plasma guns but i dont have those guys painted yet so they wil have to wait.

#4 ·
With the points you put into sentinels you could probably buy another unit of guardsmen. In a guard army infantry is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.