Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I was honestly unable to think of any reason why CSM would get a new dex. Besides being fairly popular what about Orks or Dark Eldar? I know DE need a new dex and orks i've heard need one or at least have one of the older dex's.
1) The old one was put of date.
2) It was the most broken list in the game.
3) It had had several secret reprints that GW never said anything about so you found some people had true T5 obliterators while others read 4(5).
4) Chaos were getting on a bit and they are a fairly large seller so they took priority over some of the races you mentioned.
5) They didn't need to be completely rebuilt - a lot of their models didn't change as overall it was mostly a rules change.
Races likes orks and DE need a complete rebuild - models, rules, background the lot and that is very time consuming.
Then you have to factor in the economical side of things - DE don't generate much cash for GW so they are pretty much at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to updates.
plus it was DAMN confuseing!!
For the rules for this weapon refer to the book of this, which then refers you back to the book of that, then back to the armory!!!
PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~
1) chaos codex was ridiculus! i mean come on 100 terminators in a single FOC!
2) second most widly purchsed army(or is that eldar? i think thier about the same actually)
3)new ORK DEX IS COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!
4)DE are kinda being slowly removed by gw. at least until they can take as many demons as chaos(go COdex DeMOns!!!!) so sit tight until ater demon oex which is(probably) after ork codex which is after apocolypse
I love Pathfinders.
Because I finally found a nice army to play with, and GW decided that I'm not allowed to have that!
Now half of my army is illegal under the new rules.
I play my 40k with friendly fire.
Finally fixed the link!
Also because the old DEX wass so unbalanced it was completly ridiculus, Come on how infair is a defiler with inderect fire and the ability to give it 14 armour on the front 13 side
I can be 2 things at once.
Gods gift to the world, and his biggest mistake
I like the new codex. Apart from nerfing the obliterators a bit, and removing specific daemons from the list, it's really easier to read and build from.