2000 Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any suggestions? comments? I am not a big fan of demons so i am not using any. Also i put the teleport homer in on the first squad so i can call down both my HQ's near the front. I made a new list, its at the bottom.
    2000 death guard
    HQ

Chaos Lord w/ Terminator Armor, manreaper, daemonic strength, mark of nurgle, daemonic mutation, furious charge- 160

Lieutenant w/ terminator Armor, mark of nurgle, lightning claws, daemonic mutation, daemonic strength, furious charge- 150

Troops:

1. Plague Marines (9) champion w/ bolter, teleport homer power fist 2 w/ flamers- 216
    rhino w/ smoke launchers-53

2. Plague Marines (9) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 2 w/ Meltaguns- 219

3. Plague Marines (7) aspiring champion 2 w/ plasma guns- 153

4. Plague Marines (7) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 2 w/ plasma guns- 168

Fast Attack

1.. Plague Marines (9) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 1 w/ Meltaguns 1 w/ plasmagun- 219
    rhino -50

Heavy Support

Dreadnought w/ plasma cannon- 115

Predator w/ lascannon- 145

Havoc Squad (9) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 2 w/ plasma guns, 1 w/ Meltaguns 1w/ flamer- 254
    rhino -50

You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like this list the way it is -- you NEED Nurglings...and why wouldn't you want them? THEY'RE CUTE!!! Drop the Lieutenant, make each squad 7, ditch the third Rhino (s' not fluffy). Don't mix meltas and plasmas in a single squad. With all those points, give your lord a chosen retinue, preferably of six. More on this later. Ta!
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about making all the squads 7 but then i thought "no". Its pointless 7 isnt a very good number for a squad in a rhino when all im saving is 13 points woo hoo. I would rather have 9. Nurglings suck, even when i was a newb 40k player they sucked and they still do. Its like having a base of 3 guardsmen with a 5 + invulnerable save and daemonic instability. I mixed plasmas and meltas in those 2 squads because i liked having a bit more flexibility in one of my squads, a jack of all trades if you will. Chosen arent exactly my favorite unit, T 5 terminators are tempting but they cost too much for my liking. Also i am sure 1 rhino wont completely unbalance the fluff factor.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Couple of things,

1. i agree that keeping all the squads down to seven is good, i realize that you might want the squad that is going to get up close and personal to have a large number of men, but with their t5 you can afford to make it fluffy and keep it at 7 men each cuz they are tough as nails.

2. no offense but from your list im gathering that the mixed weapoms on your havoks is more a case of "thats what the boxed set comes with" then likeing to have a flexible squad. Anyways i think its just as good to diversify in your havoks since they will most likely my up close and personal and will have to deal with different types of opponents

3.i hate nurglings too, they.suck.big.time. good job, they are a waste of points in an already expensive army

4. heres my last point. Chosen are pretty good and you dont necessarily have to have chosen termies (though at toughness 5 they are uber sweet) , they could always be regular chosen with just a couple of aspiring champs in the mix
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok here is version 2 on a side note, i hate chosen for some reason i just dont like them, i cant use the true grit rule with the terminators which sucks, i am basically paying an extra 2 points for a regular chaos space marine with extra leadership that i wont even need since im fearless. 2nd note, yeah that was the thing with the havocs, but i thought about it, its not a bad combination of weapons, it would have its uses. Glad someone agrees with me.

2000 death guard
    HQ

Chaos Lord w/ Terminator Armor, manreaper, daemonic strength, mark of nurgle, daemonic mutation, furious charge- 160

Lieutenant w/ terminator Armor, mark of nurgle, lightning claws, daemonic mutation, daemonic strength, furious charge- 150

Troops:

1. Plague Marines (7) champion w/ bolter, teleport homer power fist 2 w/ flamers- 178

2. Plague Marines (7) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 2 w/ Meltaguns- 181

3. Plague Marines (7) aspiring champion, 2 w/ plasma guns- 153

4. Plague Marines (7) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 2 w/ plasma guns- 168

Fast Attack
    1. Plague Marines (7) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 1 w/ Meltaguns 1 w/ plasmagun- 181
    rhino -50

2. Plague Marines (7) champion w/ bolter, power fist- 148
    rhino -50
    Heavy Support

Dreadnought w/ plasma cannon- 115

Predator w/ lascannon- 145

Havoc Squad (7) champion w/ bolter, power fist, 2 w/ plasma guns, 1 w/ Meltaguns 1w/ flamer- 216
    rhino w/ smoke launchers -53

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

ooh seven squads of seven
    thats UBER fluffy........good job

like i said before though meeper, your chosen dont have to be termies, they can still be good as regular deathguard with a mix of aspiring champs in the

edit

sorry i didnt see your remark about the extra 2 points for a regular marine
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woot! i didnt even notice i had 7 squads thanks big jake, i look forward to your thousand sons list.

Closed Thread