Black Templars Armylist - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...here goes nothing...I haven't touched these guys in like a year...

HQ
    Emperor's Champion 105
    Artificer armour
    Terminator honours
    Purity seals
    Iron halo
    MC bolt pistol
    Black Sword

Chaplain Shylock 112
    Crozius Arcanum
    Rosarius
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Jump Pack
    Terminator Honours

Elites
    Dreadnought "Honored Ancient Oberon" 143
    TL Lascannon
    Missile Launcher
    EA
    Smoke

Troops
    Black Templars Squad "Sigismund's Faith" 221
    7 Initiates (BP/CCW)
    3 Neophytes (BP/CCW)
    BP/PF
    Frag Grenades
    Rhino
    EA
    Smoke

Black Templars Squad "Sigismund's Cleansing" 210
    10 Initiates (BP/CCW)
    4 Neophytes (BP/CCW)
    BP/PW
    Flamer

Black Templars Squad "Sigismund's Hate" 203
    6 Initiates (Bolters)
    Lascannon
    Razorback
    TL Lascannons
    EA
    Smoke

Fast Attack
    Black Templars Assault Squad "Sigismund's Fury" 164
    5 Initiates
    2x BP/PF
    3x Storm Shields

Heavy Support
    Land Raider Crusader 258
    Smoke

Whirlwind 75

Total: 1491

Composition
    HQ: 14%
    Elites: 10%
    Troops: 42%
    Fast Attack: 11%
    Heavy Support: 22%
    Empty: 1%

Well. There it is. EC goes in LRC with Cleansing, Chaplain flies with Fury. I feel kinda jinxed running a mechanized force, but it's not really a Rhino rush...I dunno. Comments? Suggestions? Any ideas for the last 9 points?

OMFG1337!!!!111one

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's something that works really well for bt armies... an 8 man bike squad with power weaponz. u should try to fit that somewhere in place of the whirlwind. they can shoot a whole lot, and usualy hit more than a very well placed ordinance template, not to mention the fact that u have to guess range with the whirlwind. Another benefactor is that they really help out with assaulting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree. If your going all rhino-rush, a large unit of bikers could draw fire away from your transports, or if they prefer to attack the rhinos it could make for a good assault squad. just try to put your beophyts at the back of the squad so you can do maximum damge on your charge...
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking out the Whirlwind gives me a total of 84 points. That's not even enough for 3 Initates, which is the minimum. What else do I remove? The Assault Squad and stick the Chappie on a bike?
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templar's should always have at least one ten man assault squad. My opinion.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would take out the whirlwind and the shooty rztorback squad, double the size of the assault squad and then add some bikes mybe. you are assualt, and you dont nedd som much firepower...
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the TVR, YEAH I do...esp. &#39;cos my main opponent plays Necrons. Look at it this way: Right now, I have 1 TL lascannon on the Dread, 1 manned lascannon, and a TL lascannon on the Razorback. Add in the ML on the Dread, that&#39;s only 4 weapons in a 1500 pt army that can tankbust at a range. If my Rhino gets taken out, then I need something to protect them from enemy anti-personnel. If I drop the shooty squad, I lose half of those, not to mention that the other two are situated on a single target. I can, however, ditch the Whirlie for three more assault marines. But unless I can trust in my assault squad hitting enemy armor before they can do anything, I can&#39;t ditch the Razorback squad. Balance is necessary in 4th ed.
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see what ur saying about the shooting, but if what you said is true about the necron thing, i dont think you will need too many lascannons. If the person has a monolith, dont even bother attacking it, because unless it blows up it will always get to shoot the ordinance template. There&#39;s also the fact that you wont get a 2d6 armor penetration vs the monolith with any meltaguns because of it&#39;s "living armor" thing. Force your necron opponent to phase out by focusing on the warriors. The 5-man assault squad is insignificant in my opinion, so you can enlarge it by dropping that whirlwind. With the new "cant assault out of rhinos thingy, i would drop sigismund faithfor a large bike squad. The chappy and assault squad can follow the bikes with the jetpack with no problem while the bikes run and shoot at the necrons. If you want, you can probably drop the bikes for a large shooty squad. Have them shoot a bunch at the necrons, and when they fail the leadership test, they run at the enemy supporting all ur cc stuff. I would also like to tell you that your dreadnought is actually more expensive than a predator anhialator with lascannons... Don&#39;t know if you&#39;ve noticed that yet, but u may wanna replace the dreadnought with a predator unless you&#39;re actually gonna use him in cc; cus if you dont, then ur wasting points on his ability to get into cc. The same thing goes for your razorback squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i agree, if your playing aginst necrons, you might want to consider some tanks, because necrons are not really good against thme...
    anyhow, if your enemy wields a monolith, laugh at him, ignore it and kill as many necrons that you can. they will phase out ,and he would hit himself for choosing a 250 oints tank instead of 2 10 men warrior squads... anyway, if you playing against somthing else, you might want to switch thedread for a predator, because anothe 2 lascanons are better that a ML, and its doesnt cost more...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also notice that the monolith only has 24 inches of range. If ur within this range, then you should already be in close combat; that way you wont have to worry about the ordinance template of DOOM

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast