Ironhands/grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(HQ) V. Dread
    TL Lascannon
    Missle Launcher

(Elite)
    When point limit permits
    Grey Knight Terminators
    4 x Terms
    1 x Grand Master

(Troop)
    Iron Hands Squad
    6 x bolters
    1 x meltagun
    1 x Sergent

Iron Hands Squad
    4 x bolters
    1 x meltagun
    1 x Sergent
    Razorback w/ Lascannon

(Fast Attack)
    Inducted Grey Knight Squad
    6 GKs Storm Bolters
    1 x GK Incinerator
    1 GK Justicar

Land Speeder Tornado
    HBs & Assault Cannon

(Heavy)
    Iron Hands Devestators
    2 x Lascannons
    2 x Missle Launcher
    2 x Bolter
    1 x Sergent

My main goal is to have a grey knight army supported with space marine firepower. Of course that means having the main force SM with as many inducted GKs as possible. The above is my basic SM force. Then I induct the largest possible GK deep strike team, then an elite GK terminator squad, then if it's big points, more GKs as troops.

I battle just about every type of army so it needs to be flexible. I want to punish armies until the GKs are ready to deep strike supported. I also want to capture table quarters/objectives quickly at the end. What major weaknesses does anyone see?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

More FAGK if you want them to survive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Builder didn't catch that. I think you're right. 2 troops and a HQ from DH is probably required. For points savings I would do STs for troops and either INQ Lord or Terminators for HQ. At least Inq lord would allow assassins. Then I would need to drop the devestators, and then some in low point games.

Yes, I would love to have my only allowable deep strike GKs to be 10 models. My personal min is 7 models with only one special weapon. My plan is to have the enemy divided when they come with the SM firepower so they should be a little more supported than with a pure DH force.

The main reason for my departure into SM armies is so I can play Radical Daemonhunters when I want a change from GKs. And I don't like the IG inducted options. I have no experience setting up SM tact squads. I'm thinking a meltagun is better than a flamer with TAR. I plan on converting the tact package flamers when I get them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally am i player of iron hands, and i love them! i would first of all, drop the grey knights, its just not worth the points, nor is it fluffy for Iron hands to have squads of grey knight termies on their side. so i would drop them, and i have to preech what i always preech when i play marines. LOTS O' TACTICAL MARINES! you only have like 15 Tac marines in your whole army, you have heaavy and assult wepons, but no meat to keep hem alive. and i think you should add more dreadnoughts.
    Quote of the week: "dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep!"

Closed Thread