1500pt Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K, this is what I would be fielding at tourneys, so I would love the feedback if I can get some.

HQ:

Wolf Lord (137 pts)
    -bolt pistol + frostblade
    -Belt of Russ
    -Wolf Tooth Necklace
    -Meltabombs
    -Frag grenades

Venerable Dreadnaught (190 pts)
    -twin-linked lascannon
    -missile launcher
    -extra armor

Elites:

Wolf Scouts(6) (104 pts)
    -1 meltagun
    -1 plasma pistol + ccw
    -4 bolter

Troops:

Grey Hunters(9) (244 pts)
    -7 bolter + ccw
    -1 bolter + power fist
    -1 meltagun
    -mounted in Rhino (smoke launchers, extra armor)

Blood Claws(10) (214 pts)
    -8 bolt pistol + ccw
    -2 bolt pistol + power wep
    -mounted in Rhino (smoke launchers, extra armor)

Blood Claws(14) (220 pts)
    -12 bolt pistol + ccw
    -2 bolt pistol + power fist
    -Wolf Lord rides with this group

Transport:

Land Raider Crusader (258 pts)
    -smoke launchers
    -extra armor
    -Blood Claws(14) + Wolf Lord ride in this

Heavy Support:

Predator Destructor (133 pts)
    -turret autocannon
    -2 sponson lascannons
    -smoke launchers
    -extra armor

Comes to exactly 1500 points and 45 models. Definitely looking for ideas here if anyone has some, especially SW players who've played tourneys before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not get sniper rifles with the scouts. Their greatest ability is operate behind enemy lines. You won't be able to use the rifles the round you arrive, so they are wasted for one more turn after you make a reserve roll. Better to equip them for assault (either anti-infantry or anti-armor, or both) That way they can move on and start taking out units on the first round. If you decide not to use them to OBEL, then equip them all with sniper rifles and one assault cannon or missile launcher. Field them on the board immediately and start shooting on the first round. I think they are more effective coming in behind the enemy and assaulting, though.

I would drop both search lights, the smoke on the V. Dread, and make the Predator a destructor with lascannon sponsons. Use the points to increase your scout pack to 6 and tool them up. The searchlights are rarely used, I've never had it come up in a tourney. The smoke on the V. Dread keeps you from shooting and wastes one very precious round. The enemy will probably be gunning for your dread anyway, so you might as well shoot as much as possible. Just keep him in cover instead. Since he's a fire support unit, there's no need to move out in the open and try to assault, so no need for smoke.

I love Crusaders. They are, however, a risk. A lucky shot and up goes a lot of points. If the enemy isn't lucky they really do some damage. Up to you on that one. I'd use it myself, but 1500 points is somewhat small to invest that many points in the Crusader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The searchlights were only added because my list came to 1498 and they're each only worth 1 pt. =) Thanks for the ideas, I'll fiddle with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retooled my list by taking out one Grey Hunter and switching the stuff you mentioned. I could get my scouts up to 6 then, but all I have left points-wise got them a meltagun, plasma pistol + ccw, and 4 bolters. Any other suggestions for loadout? I'm at exactly 1500 pts right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be very nice to have some power weapons and PFists in your units. The only way I can see you getting enough points to do it would be to convert one of the Grey Hunter packs into a Blood Claw pack, and/or change the Lord to a Wolf Guard Battle Leader. Not very many points to work with, but it might be enough to get a power weapon for the GH pack and at least one fist for each BC pack. That's the sacrifice you make when you field a Crusader. I still think it's cool. The ultimate Blood Claw delivery system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated list to show all of the changes I made. Still comes to exactly 1500 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't LRC's with smoke and armor 263 pts, not 258?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra armor comes standard on an LRC

Closed Thread