Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm building my first army, and I'm going to be trying out Black Templars. I figured I would start out by putting together a 500pt. core, and building up from there if I decide I like them. That way, if I don't like them, I don't have a lot of re-painting to do!

Anyway, I've put together a tenative list. I have all the models I need to build this army, as well as a few others to do substitutions.

Emperor's Champion (105pts.)
    Marshal: bolt pistol, close combat weapon, frag grenades (48pts.)
    Squad 1: 6 Initiates bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 1 initiate meltagun, mounted in Rhino w/extra armor and smoke (173pts.)
    Squad 2: 6 Initiates bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 1 initiate meltagun, mounted in Rhino w/extra armor and smoke (173pts.)
    total: 499pts.

If I understand the rules correctly, I can have the Marshal join either squad at need and use his frag grenades to assault enemies in cover. I took the meltaguns to give the squads a chance against any tanks they might encounter. I might also put a searchlight on one of the Rhinos just to bring it up to an even 500.

Expanding the army will probably involve replacing the Marchal with a Chaplain in terminator armor and adding some double-claw terminators, as well as sticking some neophytes into the squads (for fluff purposes) and building that landspeeder that came in the boxed set.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was wondering why the list was so small; u must not have many models then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm part of a group that are all just starting, so none of us have bought too much stuff until we decide what we really want to play. I'd hate to drop a few hundred dollars on Marines only to discover I want to play Orcs or something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what proxying is for!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is "proxying"? :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first off, nice job. Good start. Ummmm......I don't know what proxying is either, so I can't help you out there. If memory serves, BT cannot have marshals. I am definitely not sure on this, so don't go bet your life on it or anything(not that you would). A good start. Also, the meltaguns may not be your best option for the cc squad. With that meltagun, the marine will not be able to move and shoot at the same time, so this may hinder the rest of the squad. But I am a newbie also, and learning as well, so I may be wrong. We need a seasoned veteran to come in and teach us. Ummmm......so yeah, thats what I have to say, good start to an army and good luck with whichever army you end up choosing!
    <span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok you guys, proxying is when you take some stoopid object, say a labeled piece of paper, and pretend that it&#39;s a bike or tank or whatever. That way, you can test to see if having the "proxied" object is a good for ur army. Black templars have Marshals in place of force commanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I knew they didn&#39;t have one of those officers. But not the specific one. Proxying does sound like a good idea, or you could just borrow someone else&#39;s army, if they would let you.
    <span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve never proxied anything, because to me the whole purpose of the game is to push around the little miniatures Maybe I&#39;m just anal...

Anyway, ... if i were you I wouldn&#39;t paint anything until you play a while. If nothing else, you may decide you don&#39;t like Black Templars but do like Blood Angels (as opposed to switching to an entirely unrelated army, like orks).

You might even try out one of the 13th founding chapters, since everyone and their brother plays Black Templars. They are the hip "cool" Space Marine army, just cause they get that 3+ in cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reason why i switched to dark angels ( i need to change my profile ). anyways, proxying isnt a good thing at all, really, because when ur playing with proxied units, the game just looks like crap. Its useful only for temporary army tests n such.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast