Ambigious rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ambigious rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ambigious rules

So how does this "logical" statement if it isn't printed then it doesn't say that it can't be done come into being the more logically statement over if it isn't printed then therefore it doesn't say that I can do it. Seems to me like all these arguements over ambigious rules can be easily settled with going with the err on the caution side of if it isn't printed then therefore it doesn't say that I can do it. But that doesn't seem to be that way because of rule lawyering to get the best (unbalanced) advantage.

Sorry for the rant but it just seem to be this way too much.

Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Don't apologise for your rant, but I don't understand a word you just said.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by mackdawg View Post
    So how does this "logical" statement if it isn't printed then it doesn't say that it can't be done come into being the more logically statement over if it isn't printed then therefore it doesn't say that I can do it. Seems to me like all these arguements over ambigious rules can be easily settled with going with the err on the caution side of if it isn't printed then therefore it doesn't say that I can do it. But that doesn't seem to be that way because of rule lawyering to get the best (unbalanced) advantage.

Sorry for the rant but it just seem to be this way too much.
    What most players do will +4 the rule until they have the oppertunity to come on the boards and dissect the rules inside and out using whatever wording available to them.

But with what you're saying, I don't think many players would say, "My Lictor will fire his 10 Battle Cannon shots now... yes I can! It doesn't say I can't!" Most of the rules are ambiguous do to the specifics of the question, which honestly should be cleared up when we have the time.

We certainly don't want to get into a... YES I CAN! NO YOU CANT! YES I CAN! NO YOU CANT! Kind of arguments

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by distortiondave View Post
    Don't apologise for your rant, but I don't understand a word you just said.
    Ironic, isn't it?

But this isn't really the place for ranting about rules. This is a forum for getting help...

No, not that sort. Shifting this to general 40k discussion.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, yeah it is ironic. The rule that is being much debated is the turbo boosting the scout move. DA states that Ravenwings jetbikes can't but....lo behold that it doesn't state that specifically for the deff kopters in the new Ork codex.

But that topic has been debated here a few times already....I did the search before hand but the question is from my first post is how can one statement be better than the other. When they do the 5th edition I hope that the can put in print somewhere on the first so pages that states "unless specifically stated then it is not permitted." Seem like this kind of rule would end the ambigious rules debates
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I liked

I liked the rather ambiguous spelling of ambiguous. Very clever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea ambiguous rules are quite annoying and as a whole i try not to be the guy who, assumes he can do this cause nothing says he cant.

if im not mistaken the old BT players would try to get their terminators to to do a sweeping advance simply because other BT's could do it and it never said terminators couldent use their special rule.

well whatever,

SL

+ Reply to Thread