Night Lords 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, lets try this.

I'm trying to get in all the stuff I have, the stuff I want, and what I want to do with it. And this is one of the first lists I've written.

How 'bout this:

HQ

Chaos Lord - Pair Lightning claws, Frag & Krak Grenades, Daemonic Essence, Daemonic Flight, Furious Charge, Infiltrate................................................158

Elite

Chosen (5) - Terminator armour, Asp. Champion w/Combi-melta, Power weapons, Combi-bolters, Powerfist (1), Chainfist (1), Lightning claw (1), Reaper autocannon (1), Furious Charge, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Frag Grenades............................................................263

Troops

Chaos Marines (9) - Bolt pistols, CCW, Asp. Champion w/ Power weapon, Frag Grenades, Flamer (1), Furious Charge, Infiltrate................................................................. ...................218
    Chaos Marines (9) - Bolters, Asp. Champion w/Plasma pistol & Powerfist, Missile launcher (1), Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided......................................................210
    Chaos Marines (9) - Bolters, Plasma Gun (1), Heavy Bolter (1), Mark of Chaos Undivided...........................................................150
    Rhino - Pintle Combi-Bolter, Smoke launcher, Havoc launcher..........................78

Fast Attack

Raptors (7) - Bolt pistols, CCW, Grenades, Meltaguns (3), Asp. Champion w/Pair of Lightning Claws, Infiltrate..............................................297
    Chaos Bikers (3) - Twin-linked Bolters, Bolt pistols/CCW, Grenades, Asp. Champion w/Powerfist, Skilled Riders, Mark of Chaos Undivided.................................................................. ................148
    Furies (10)........................................................................... ......................150

Heavy Support

Dreadnought - CCW w/Twin-linked Bolter, [Plasma cannon ?], Smoke launcher.
    ........................................................................... ........................118
    Land Raider - Twin-linked Lascannons (2), Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Pintle Combi-Bolter, Smoke launchers..........................................263

*All units have Night Sight where applicable.

Total........................................................................... .............................2053

Basically, what's missing and what isn't needed?
    BTW what weapon is best for the dread?
    Also check the numbers, I don't trust my counting. Ahem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK here we go with the fine tuning:
    Lord: presumably hangs around with the chosen? Plasma pistol is a waste, he is probably gonna use his furious charge so he wont get chance to shoot, MY Nightlord use a lord on a bike ususally, he hangs with bike squads and goes for it but your preference, no MOCU?

Chosen - again this lot are assult monsters, why the combi flamer and the reaper? lose them, if the lord does swan around with this lot infiltrate? I suspect you put the lord with sopmeone else? these would benefit from a rhino, although personnaly in 2000 points my lkoed has a small chosen squad of ACs with bikes
    The squad would benefit from furious charge so overall I would not take infiltrate but give them a rhino and FC

Oblits: really not fluffy- these are speed and steath merchants, something slow and noisy doesnt fit, but up to you mate

First CSM squad: the AC needs to ditch the plasma pistol and the squad needs to lose the flamer, you will get as much milage from Furious charge as anything else

Second CSM squad: dont get what these guys are up to, are they standing and shooting if so ditch the infiltrate - they really dont need at, and the ACs power fist - waste of points- and add a plasma gun to the squad

Third CSM squad - better but they dont need the infiltrate

Fourth CSM squad - again are these shooting take another plasma gun

Who has the rhino? the first squad? wait no they have infiltrate so your last squad (with a missile launcher has a rhino? I would give it to the first squad, having dropped your infiltrate and given them FC, it neads more damage resistance too, if you want to use it as a fire base then fine leave it where it is

Fast Attack : you got way too few for a Night lords
    Raptor squad: what are you foing with this squad? either take metla guns or tool it for close combat (the ACs lightening claws) - dont try and do both, I would ditch the infiltrate too, (personnally I prefer to use Raptors as assult troops, dont bother with plasma pistols, just give em furious charge and let em go after people

Bikers are good but I would have expected more and they can take some melta or plasma death and furious charge

Furies - fine

Dread: plasma cannon is fine, it needs extra armour and see below re tanks

Land raider: dont like - doesnt fit - if you want more las cannons see below, if you want transports rhinos or more bikes

Overall I would field far more bikes and Raptors that you have, I also use predetors for tank busting, they are the best in the business
    If you want to jsut tweak what you have then I would be tempted to ditch the oblits and the land rader, simplify the squads as abovew, add more mariens, bikes, raptors and a pred

OVerall points dist:
    HQ: 1 fig, 138 points (6%)
    Elites: 8 figs 463 points (21%)
    Troops: 27 figs, 1 vehicle 674 points (31%)
    FA: 18 figs 531 points (24%)
    HS: 2 vehicles 381 points (17%)

Total: 54 figs, 2 vehicles 2187points

Looking at these figures (notably the percentages) it is immediatley obveous your army is unbalance, but then ou would expect this from night lords, unfortunatley it doesnt meet what I would expect from night lords:
    Your HQ is fine, in fact I would probably have spent more on him or more likely had 2 HQs
    Your elites are pushing the limits, whilst they are still within the bounds of good comp, I would anticipate them being largely chosen on bikes or Possessed with demonic flight looking like raptors
    You have too few troops, it shoul dbe 40%+ of your army, my NL troops are organised into 2 tpes - shooty - small squads with bolters and plasma guns, and assult - large squads with tooled up ACs with Furious charge and rhinos if you want to be very Night lords, ditch one of your HS and take 4 FA choices then use the shooty squads with las cannon
    FA- whilst this is still within the bounds of a balanced army, quite frankly I would have expected it to be unbalanced, i.e. 25-40% of ou points spent in this lot
    HS: OK is fine but isnt verry NL I woul dbe tempted to ditch the LR ( actually I use a single pred as my only HS slot in my NL

Hope that helps
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, this list needs work as cheredanine said.

First of all, oblits. definetly not with the fluff, could drop them for normal marines with lascanons or heavy bolters and stick with the fluff and still have the same ffectivness.

Landraider? nope. IMO landraiders just suck, honestly yes they are VERY tough, pack a puch, and can carry termies, but for 250 you could get a tolled up raptor squad with 3 meltas and that would be more effective at killing and more "fluffy".

more marines would be helpful, always nice to have a bit more meat, pump up that bike squad to 5 to make them a bit more effective, ambe give them someplasmas for a little fun.

Just my opinions, you dont have to stick to fluff, but I think its a little bit more fun when you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say you need more fast attack. Also I was under the assumption that night lords couldn't even use oblits. Under the night lords section it says that the only daemons they are allowed to use are furies, possessed, and daemon lords do to the fact that they do not worship the chaos gods. Under the oblits section you will find that one of their traits are "daemonkin" which would mean that they are considered daemons, therefore you can't have them. As for your guys having infiltrate I don't see that as a bad thing. I use that tactic on my nightlords as well. Mainly I'll get them as close to the enemy as I can and use most of my CSM squads as assult squads charging towards them as fast as I can. The enemy usually seems to focus on the guys who start out really close and charging then the rest of the army. I'll usually put my lord and my LT up with them. Also raptor squads with infiltrate rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, point taken; no oblits. Good. (sad, but good: love the models).

Basically, I've just been collecting 'stuff'; now I'm trying to organise it.

A word of explanation:

- The Lord only has a pistol as that is what he came with; I dont like my model so that will change.
    - Again, the termies are equipped with the stuff in the box. Advice will be taken into account.
    - The minis for the troops are what I have. Anyone mind pointing out specifics for swap/change/eliminate/replace. I can change them easily.
    - Personally I'm happy with the Raptors as they are.
    - Bikes: They're there because I have them. I'll play a bit before I change them; otherwise they will be bigger or replaced with Raptors.
    - Furies: Don't have them yet. Will get them though.
    - Dread: I have a nice little conversion on the way (keep an eye out for it...eventually). No weapons on it yet. Open to suggestions.
    - LR: Again, I have one. Yep.
    - I kinda like the idea of having a good deal of the army infiltrate. Good or bad it seems to fit.

Will adjust above list with any good ideas. (Watch the numbers).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A word of advise... 6 man squads suck. At the least I would go with 8 man squads. Going with a 6 man squad will make it easy to kill the squad outright and just jump from one 6 man squad to the next, wiping them out without a problem. Trust me I've tried the 6 man squads before. If need be I'd drop down to (3) 10 man squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's nowt left for me to say really, that lot above said it all anyway, you might want to make that raptor squad larger in such a large game. oh, and darkblades are lovely things for a lord to have.
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised list above. Still not too sure about that second squad of CSM though... :huh:

And also thanks for the help thus far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey night fox, I have never seen any of your lists on the forum, they sound sweet I'd like to c one some time because I'm always looking for inspiration.

Aslo, could any one tell me the MOST effective way to use the infiltrate ability, I havent used it before but it looks very useful and "fluffy".

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks! recognition at last! you may not have seen my lists before as they were under the name of shas'o hamster, which I have recently changed.
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast