1000 Pt Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Pt Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

80- Avatar
    72- Farseer: guide, sword, pistol

Troops

121- 5 guardians: warlock- conceal. Starcannon
    121- 5 guardians: warlock- conceal. starcannon

Heavy

120- Wraithlord: Brightlance
    120- Wraithlord: Starcannon
    90- 2 Shadow weavers

Fast

210- 8 Swooping hawks: Exarch- Power weapon, Sustained attack
    65- Viper jetbike: Starcannon

This is a tourny army so its to fight all races, so give some feedback if u want.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should get rid of some Swooping Hawks because I dont think they are real effective. Yeah, they can drop the bomb packs but those aren't powerful. The suspended attack thing on the exarch is sweet but he has only one wound. I think they are too point expensive for their weakness. If you go with that than you should add some more gaurdians and/or Dire Avengers.
    <span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a bad point there. but the army is to fight enything so it has to be an all round type.
    And ther reason for em is if im against guard eldar or other week races like that there very usefull when used correctly. at 24 inches with 2 shots each its not that bad for a basic weapon.
    And also this army i had to change after a few trile games, i never had swooping hawks and the viper.
    What i did have was 10 fire dragons in a wave serpant with twin b/lances. and every game they were useless to me, so i had to take the 270 points or what ver they were (which was just over a 1/4 of my army doing nothing).

I know if i cop marines or necrons there not much use to me but thats were the 2 wraithlord cheese and the starcannons come into it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need more numbers, eldar are to some extent a hoard army and need numbers in the form of defender guardians.
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/henry28.gif&quot;
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/index.html&quot;&gt;
    I adopted a cute lil&#39; pikachu fetus
    from Fetusmart&#33; Hooray fetus&#33; &lt;/a&gt;

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?M_O_R_T_I_S' target='_blank'>I FOUND THE UNTIMATE WH40K WEBSITE&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concealed guardians can be used as very effective, rock hard screens, especially if they are many and if u let a farseer (or avatar) with fortune join them.
    This gives them Ld 10 and a 5+ "rerollable" inv. save&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more men. uve only got 25 models for the ENTIRE army. Id say drop the swooping hawks in favor of more footslogging Guardians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i was to drop anything id drop one of the wraithlords for another squad of guardians for the same points cost.
    The swooping hawks i gotta keep coz i know how to use them properly with my style of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really do need to drop something to get more numbers, may be drop both waithlords, its not as if you have anything to draw the fire from and that makes them the only real target for heavy weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personaly, I would drop the hawks and increase your guardian squads to at least 15 each, and keep the warlocks with conceal. I have played with a simaler army list and found that 5 man guardian squads get taken out to quickly even with conceal, and hawks are never usefuel other than as distractions to allow your other units to get close enouch to launch a massive attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hawks as distraction is 1 good use i use em for, and also someone said drop maybe both w/lords. No way, they r the tanks of the army. have u ever had to cum up against these things. plus i ned some anti tank as well.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast