Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrol Clash 400pts Daemonhunters

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  swntzu 
#1 ·
I've just started collecting Daemonhunters and I drew up a list using the ruleset for Patrol Clashes (it's in one of the White Dwarfs somewhere):

Inquisitor with bolt pistol, power weapon and purity seals 41pts

5 Storm Troopers, plasma gun 60pts

5 Storm Troopers, flamer 56pts
mounted in Chimera with turret multilaser, hull heavy bolter,
smoke launchers and extra armour 93pts

5 Grey Knights, justicar 150pts

Total: 400pts

What I'm not sure about is whether to use the Chimera (and to swap the multilaser for a heavy bolter) or a Rhino. The special weapons are also subject to change.

I'm not so confident about tactics in general too.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

8|

See less See more
#5 ·
For your inquisitor, you mean? I'd give him a psycannon, targeter, and auspex, and a retinue with 2 HB servitors, 1 PC servitor, a sage, and a mystic. He'll be able to shoot infiltrators and deepstrikers when they show up, and makes a decent anti-anything squad.

Don't give him a power weapon - S3 in an army full of S6 isn't that good. If you decide you neeeeed him in combat, go with a T-Hammer for the strength boost. But if you go that way, drop the retinue for: 3 Combat Servitors, 1 familiar, and 2 acolytes with power armor (and give the Inq armor too).

#7 ·
If you've bought the chimera use it to save money. But if you haven't weigh your options. With the money you could bring your you strom trooper squads up to 10 men each and ten man squads are always good. Or you could drop the grey nights i mean why would you send the "crem de crem" (yes i know that's spelled wrong) out on patrol anyway :blink: ? And then add a second chimera, but more men in to youre storm trooper squads and have a very mobile force.

#8 ·
If you're talking a 40k in 40 minutes type game, I find this works well.

Squad A- 200 Points
1 Justicar
4 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight (Psycannon)

Squad B- 200 Points
1 Justicar
4 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight (Psycannon)

Put your troops on one flank, hopefully, your opponent will have spread his troops too thinly. Try to use cover so that you've only got one enemy squad shooting at you most of the time. Pick one squad and break it before moving to the next. Your entire force has assault weapons so keep moving. If you don't think you can assault through the enemy fire, stand off and use the psycannons to whittle down the numbers. Once their numbers are reduced, close and use the storm-bolters as the coup de grace.

#10 ·
Yep, death-cult assassins are really worth it... three might be overkill though.
And also check the rules, you probably can't take a plasma cannon, I don't think blast markers are allowed. If they are, however, I'd go with the shooty inquisitor retinue, but then again that's me.

I've played a 500pts "40k in 40 min" tournament with my DH's, using 2 inq's with psycannons and 1 heavy bolter servitor each, and one squad of GK's. Didn't go very well. The reason? too few units. Against a tau with 40 firewarriors you are smoked.

My best bet would be 20 stormtroopers (4 heavy weapons) and as many gk's you can field beyond that (if you can't take plasma cannons, that is)

Depending on opponent, use flamers against swarms and plasma against 3+ armor units... pretty basic

#11 ·
There's a 40k in 40 Minutes campaign made up of several tournaments I'm playing in at the local store. For the first day I got first place, winning both games. The list I used was as follows: Two five-man Grey Knight Squads, 8 storm troopers and 2 plasma guns. Lots of fire power, and the two Grey Knight squads kick ass in assault against anything in a game this size.

#12 ·
I really like how good the Grey Knights are for their cost. Power weapons are deadly so if ten guys in the force have S6 ones, then it's nasty against most stuff.

So here's my revised list:

5 Grey Knights (125), justicar (25) 150pts

5 Grey Knights (125), justicar (25) 150pts

8 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (80), meltagun (10) plasma gun (10) 100pts

Total: 400pts

As you can see, this list is shamelessly ripped from the last guy apart from the melta gun, which gives anti armour capability.

Anyone got any more advice? The help's been fantastic so far!

:w

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.