Nilla Marines - 1000 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pts - Space Marines Army

1 Chaplain (HQ) @ 125 Pts
    Crozius Arcanum; Plasma Pistol (x1); Rosarius
    Jump Pack
    Terminator Honours
    Melta Bombs

9 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 225 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Lascannon (x1); Meltagun (x1)

1 Sergeant
    Bolter

1 Rhino APC
    Storm Bolter

9 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 221 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Lascannon (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)

1 Sergeant
    Bolter

1 Rhino APC
    Storm Bolter

4 Devastator Squad (Heavy Support) @ 215 Pts
    Lascannon (x2); Plasma Cannon (x2)

1 Sergeant
    Bolter

4 Assault Squad (Fast Attack) @ 135 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x2); Plasma P. & CC Wep. (x2); Frag Grenades; Jump
    Packs

1 Sergean
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep.; Frag Grenades; Jump Packs

1 Whirlwind Battery (Heavy Support)
    Multirocket Launcher

Models in Army: 34

Total Army Cost: 996

This is more or less an all around army, but I would switch things around for different opponents (tank heavy, hoard, necron...that sorta thing)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a good list, maybe get rid of the Plasma Cannons and Lascannons in the Dev Squad, take 3 Missile Launchers instead, Not as powerful but give you a good general purpose Dev Squad, which won't die as quick once it starts taking fire. Also maybe add in another Marine to the dev squad(abalative Armour, that way the first cas you take won't mean losing a heavy wepaon)Just a personal thing never like to take marines in squads of less than 6 if i can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a good all round list. Don't mix the weapons in that dev squad. Get 4 missile launchers and that should free up enought points for some more marines to put in it. (As missile launchers are cheaper then Las and Plas).
    Anything can burn if you try hard enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A landraider crusaider would be good in there or a few terminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i consider a Land Raider in a 1000 pt game a waste. if it goes down there's a quarter of my points. and with termies they are only good if i can deep strike them in or otherwise can get them in to the fight quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

A land raider of any type (crusader or otherwise) is, as you said, a points ink in 1000 points armies as are termies, I would never put either into 1000 points unless I seriously wanted to handicap myself.

for your list:

Chaplain - be tempted to switch the PP for a bolt pistol, he is probably gonna want the charge bonus for himself and the assult squad but will make the same case for the assult squad and to be hones you probably get more damage from 3 plasma pistols as the extra attacks,

Tac squad: like, although I would be more tempted by a plasma gun than a melta, the range is more closely matched to the las cannon and it can still damage most vehicles
    The rhino is crying out for extra armour

2nd Tc squad: yeah more like it but this rhino is also crying out for extra armour

Dev squad: groovy - be a bit tempted to switch the las cannon for ML if there is any risk of running into hoard armies

Assult squad: OK needs more guys and the VS needs tooling, but I suspect you are aware of this but just dont have the points

Whirlwind: good

As a general observation, feels like you are trying to get too much into 1000 points (unusual, most poeple try and get too little by overloading Elites etc). I would suggest that whilst the rhino with each tac squad is admirable and fluffy and does have some uses, the points of at least one rhino would be of considerable use elsewhere
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for my dev squad i have many different things i could do. that is for an all around list, for hoard armies i might stick in more MLs or heavy bolters or something like that.

for the tac squads I finally just got another plasma gun, so i can make that change, and what i might do is take only one rhino, split that second squad in half and get a second heavy weapon there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:hmm: :blush: I didnt read the "1000pnts" bit :hmm:

+ Reply to Thread