1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my list for my space wolves.....good record so far...30 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss...Feel free to criticise (Structured) and give your thoughts...Thanks

HQ

Wolf Lord 127pts
    Frost Axe
    Storm Bolter
    Terminator Armour
    Wolf Tooth Necklace
    Auspex

Rune Priest 145pts
    Lightning Claws
    Wolf Tooth Necklace
    Belt of Russ

Elites

Wolf Scouts 110pts
    1 with Melta Gun
    1 with Plasma Pistol
    3 with Bolt Pistol and CCW
    All have melta bombs

Troops

Grey Hunters 189pts
    9 with Bolter and CCW
    1 with Melta Gun

Grey Hunters 137pts
    1 with Power Weapon and Pistol
    1 with Powerfist and Pistol
    1 with Meltagun
    (In the Razorback)

Blood Claw pack 246pts
    12 with Pistol and CCW
    3 with Powerfist and pistol

Blood Claw Pack 246pts
    12 with Pistol and CCW

Heavy Support

Long Fangs Pack 209pts
    Pack Leader with Bolter and CCW
    2 Lascannons
    2 Heavy Bolters

Transport

Razorback 91pts
    Lascannon
    Twin Linked Plasma Gun
    Extra Armour
    Search Lights

Total Figs: 58
    Total Vehicles: 1
    Toatl Points: 1500pts
    Wargear: 127pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't laugh, but why no venerable dread as HQ? they seem awesome, and fulfill a headquarters requirement. just curious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I am with Blitzcraig on this one, in all other respects it is a very good and steriotypical Wolves list, and I am not criticising you HQ, it is good, but no Ven dread? why?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

In fact I take it back, I am criticising your HQ - your lord has termie armour, this means, I supect, he is hanging around with one of the squads on foot, which will stop it sweeping advancing, I would certainly ditch the termie armour and probbly take a ven dread as a HQ to replace on or the other,
    Also I would probably add 2 or three WG Pack Leaders to lead your squads (notably the blood claws but probably the hunters too, how many depends on what you do about your HQs). The onyl occasion when I would not do this is if I was relying on the volume of bolter fire and a tooled WG is worth 3 more bolters
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to go ahead and give you some input for each unit/model.

HQ

Wolf Lord 127pts
    Frost Axe
    Storm Bolter
    Terminator Armour
    Wolf Tooth Necklace
    Auspex

*Get rid of the auspex and replace the storm bolter with a pistol and then throw him in with a grey hunter unit or the other blood claw pack. Also throw your rune priest in the other blood claw unit. This will net you 28 pts for the units and a few more for the extra war gear. I recommend removing the necklaces for 20 more pts because their weapon skill is 5 and the only thing you won't hit 3+ on is another 5 WS or higher (unlikely). So in all you will get 51 points (the codex is not in front of me) back I think that you can use for more units and even a rhino. Although I would take the 37 pts (minus one blood claw from keeping a pack 15) and upgrade your wolf lord to a dreadnought for 164 pts. There are other places you can pull to upgrade him a bit better.

Rune Priest 145pts
    Lightning Claws
    Wolf Tooth Necklace
    Belt of Russ

Elites

Wolf Scouts 110pts
    1 with Melta Gun
    1 with Plasma Pistol
    All have melta bombs

*Solid*

Troops

Grey Hunters 189pts
    9 with Bolter and CCW
    1 with Melta Gun

Grey Hunters 137pts
    1 with Power Weapon and Pistol
    1 with Powerfist and Pistol
    1 with Meltagun
    (In the Razorback)

*fine*

Blood Claw pack 246pts
    12 with Pistol and CCW

Blood Claw Pack 246pts
    12 with Pistol and CCW

*add in leader*

Heavy Support

Long Fangs Pack 209pts
    Pack Leader with Bolter and CCW
    2 Lascannons
    2 Heavy Bolters

*good choices*

Transport

Razorback 91pts
    Lascannon
    Twin Linked Plasma Gun
    Extra Armour
    Search Lights *drop search lights*

Another idea for you razorback is to give it to the long fangs. That way they can be moved and protected. You can put them in a better position faster with a transport. That is what I would do if I used them since they are expensive.

In closing, by switching around your pts and units, you can fit in a Venerable with plasma cannon, storm bolter, ccw, and extra armor for 170 pts. You may want to give the razorback to the longfangs to protect them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for not having a ven dreadi is simple.... i play tournaments and find that i lose points for army composition, sportsmanship etc because they all feel i have a tooled up rune priest and also a ven dreadi which is difficult to kill as well as 3 powerfist each in the BC packs.....however i do use him in friendly games......the lord is in termi armour only because the modle is (Grimnar model) and the auspex was to make the points up. i dont like the Leaders because they cost too much in my mind and i already have the the 2 HQ choices in with my punch squads ( the squad with the rune priest is my main assault squad the other is a diversion... i have the search lights purely because in tournaments there is always at least one night battle sometimes 2.....the ven dreadi i agree is awesome but usually doesnt get his points back because people tend to avoid him or get a lucky shot even when made to re-roll the result

I like the Wolf tooth necklace because i come across daemons a lot especially now my dad is running khorne, and i also come across creatures like old one eye and the red terror so i need something with a high chance of at least hitting them to be able to kill them....needing 5's to hit is a pain in the butt

i wouldnt put the long fangs in the razorback because it will be a waste in the first turn...they get out and then wouldnt bable to shoot because they&#39;re heavy weapons.....i tend to use the larger grey hunters pack as a shield for them....normally in the centre of the table so my oppanant can&#39;t avoid them as easily <_<

thanks for the comments and advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is increadibly dumb for others to say stuff about you using a dread. It is in your freaking codex and I am sure they field some good stuff too. Space Wolves have acute senses which is why I said to remove the search light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not trying to beat the proverbial dead horse, but as i&#39;m trying to construct a SW army, i find it hard to justify the points for a rockin&#39; wolf lord when A) the whole force kicks ass in close-combat and you can get an HQ that blows up stuff. all the lists running through my head revolve around a rune priest and a ven dread.

Closed Thread