1700 Pts Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-=HQ=-

Brother Captain, Incinerator
    (4)Terminators
    Holocaust

Inquisitor Lord. psycannon
    Gun Servitor, Plasma Cannon
    Gun Servitor, Heavy Bolter
    Sage
    Sage

-=Elites=-

Inquisitor, psycannon
    Sage
    Sage

Inquisitor, psycannon
    Sage
    Sage

Inquisitor, psycannon
    Sage
    Sage

-=Troops=-

Justicar
    (9)Grey Knights

Justicar
    (6)Grey Knights

-=Heavy Support=-

Dreadnaught, Plasma C, Missile
    Dreadnaught, Plasma C, Missile

All in all 1700 pts

------------------------------------------------------

This list might seem like one of those Maxed armies that no one would ever consider collecting except on paper, but I'm really gonna do this since my Inquisitor packs have proven to be well worth their points 3 times over.

The main feature is, as you see, plasma Cannons and alot of 36'' firepower.
    The reason for this is beacause my three main opponents are Raven Wing, Blood Angels and Necron. Everyone knows that plasma works wonders agains space marines, and ap2 weapons overrides Necrons "we will be back" rule... right?

The tactic would be to simply align my firebase(x6) where they can see as much as possible, screen them with grey knights/terminators and while my trusty foot-soldiers march forward (still screening my long range guys) Inquisitors throw wollys of fire from behind. Can't fail... or?

The only change I'm currently considering is to change the Dreadnaughts Plasma Cannons for TLLC's if my opponents finds a few spare tanks in their closet.

What do people think of this? Is it too specialiced? I think the elites are really cheap, rerolls for PC and bs 5 for Inq's....
    Only concern I have is jump-packs who can by-pass my screens and engage my inquisitors in CC (= dead Inquisitor)

If I suspect they'll Deepstrike, I'll add one mystic to each Inquisitor/lord and drop 2 Grey knights.

Any thoughts are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Alright, first off, mod please kick this to the army list forum. And remove the points values, thats copyrighted.

I like the use of so many Inquisitors, not a lot of people do that. But you're going to run into a lot of problems with so few models. You can't even really count the sages as models.

I like the massed plasma, but maybe TLLC on one or both dreads just in case.

You know, if you dropped the InqLord, you could fit another troop squad in there and still have three Inq firebases:

BC & Retinue (drop holocaust for the points)
    3x Inq (psycannon, 2x HB, 2x PC, 2x sage)
    3x Gk (9 + justicar)
    Dread (plasma, missile)
    Dread (TLLC, missile)
    lots more troops, still have 4 plasma cannons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh... Yeah.. me and ©materials... Fixed.
    Reason I post it here is because it gets viewed by alot more daemonhunter-players, the ones who really counts IMHO, but sure that's what those forums are for... don't hate me =)

Anyway, about dropping the lord, I don't really like that since the retinue is more then just a plasma. It's 1 bs5 psycannon and 2 heavy bolters too. If I don't have to reroll the plasma I can reroll one of the others instead too. much mmore death. And its only (count for yourself) points.
    And the Dreadnaughts plasma isn't twin-linked, or is it?

Maybe throw away holocaust and the incinerator, and buy one more GK and extra armor on the 2 dreads...

How about throwing in a full squad of Stormtroopers and have 2 meltaguns? Not reliable anti-tank but the only tanks that'll be tough are those with armor 14 all around. And missile launchers have str 8 right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

*kicks to army lists*
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, il start by explaining what youre common opponents will do in response to this (if not kick youre @&#036;&#036; )..and jump packs or not..you cant pass by an enemy unit to assault another one behind it...

1: Necrons: if hey is smart, he will have a ressurrection orb, which lets him still get his WBB roll, even on 2xT weapons....and he will give his Lord a Veil of Darkness, Deep-striking a whole unit of warriors behind you to fire on youre Inquisitors, or he may even deep-strike a monolith, which would hurt you..a LOT....
    2: Blood Angels: tons of Rhinos, overdrived...youre dead....
    3: Ravenwing: ok, ill give this one too ya, youll do well here bc he has as few models as you do...

in short, the idea is good, but youre opponents will just build a specialized list to counter this, and u build a lit to counter that..in the end, thats no fun, so whats the point ???
    &lt;center&gt;
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.mutedfaith.com/images/spirit.jpg&quot; border=0&gt;
    &lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;/center&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orion: As I said, if I suspect Deepstrikers, I add mystics so I can fire at them 1 additional time. It WILL hurt them, belive me.

As for the necrons, sure, they will get upp anyway because they have T4 and Plasma is only S7... missed that one... still you can kill ALOT of warriors with one str7 ap 2 blast marker.
    His Lord also can&#39;t take, veil of darkness, Orb and destroyer body at the same time, and I know he will be using the last one...
    Yes the DS&#39;ing monolith will be the worst threat, lets just pray it doesn&#39;t happen.

as for the Blood Angels, transports usually have front armor 11, with 6 plasma cannons and two missile launchers, plus 4 bs5, str6 psycannons, I think I can handle that. It&#39;s only armor 14 that concerns me.

And last, half the game is setting upp an army that &#39;counters&#39; the other ones. Even in turnaments. And I say that IS half the fun.

So I still think my army is viable...

But if you are so sure I will be beaten, what do you think I should change? I want constructive critisism (though who doesnt) =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, like OrionLethe said, if you tool your army to fight those three armies, your friends will do the same against you.

My main problem, like I said before, is lack of numbers. You&#39;ve got a lot of plasma, and even more heavy bolters. But what happens when this list fights a totally different army design? If you fought tyranids, you&#39;d be screwed&#33; Necron could get a monolith behind your GK and bring in a ton of warriors. BA will own you in combat, thanks to massed numbers versus three squads of GK. And remember, once in CC, no plasma goodness for you&#33; If your SM opponents rush into CC, then you&#39;ll only have one good turn of shooting.

I really stand by dropping one of the Inq/InqLord squads. Heavy bolters aren&#39;t that amazing versus power armor, so four squads with two HB&#39;s apiece isn&#39;t necessary. If you DO drop the HQ Inq squad, that&#39;s just enough points for another 10 marine squad of GK&#33; You&#39;d be trading 1PC, 2HB, and 1PsyC for 20 SB shots, S6 weapons, and a power weapon. I would definitely take that.

And as for the dreads.. TLLC is so handy in case of that occasional Land Raider and Monolith. Plasma and ML just aren&#39;t as reliable. If you made one of them TLLC/ML, you wouldn&#39;t have to try and induct some IST&#39;s for anti-vehicle.

Another idea is switching one of your Inq squads to a more anti-vehicle setup. Plasma Cannon, Multimelta or two, and a psycannon or combi-melta for the Inq. Put that between the rest of your Inq squads and you&#39;ve got protection from Ravenwing and anything else big that comes knocking.

You&#39;ve got a good setup for dealing with small numbers of power armor. But anything bigger (AV14) or smaller (swarms) will tear you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get my Inq Lord choice to 190 pts, and thats close to one justicar and 6 Gray knights (200pts) or have I miscalculated?

How about if I drop the Inq Lord, buy 10 stoormtroopers with 2 heavy weapons and add 2 gray knights. more numbers, just not all gk&#39;s. then I can afford 1-2 Lascannons too.

and as a side note, how peky is it to post pointcosts for the guys if you sum upp the squad totall? I don&#39;t want to brake the LO-© rules, but it&#39;s easier to diskuss if you can atleast tell the cost of the squads.
    I&#39;m asking of course because the first post was rather detailed, and I don&#39;t want to trespass any rules (again =) ).

I doo understand that 6 plasmacannons isn&#39;t the best choice, but you have to agree it&#39;s a cool idea. 4 plasma Cannons isn&#39;t to shabby either though.

(edit: Just recalculated and this is how the list looks now
    BC
    FIVE terminators

3 inquisitor retinues
    inquisitors, psycannon
    plasma cannon
    2 heavy bolter
    2 sages

2 full gk squads (Justicar + 9 gray knights)
    1 IST squad with 9 models (2 with heavy weapons)

1 dreadnaught tlls, missile
    1 dreadnaught plasma, missile

1696pts

Closed Thread