1850 Night Lord List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just doing a little more poking around and thought i would make a night lord army list, tell me what you think

HQ

Chaos lord- w/ Demonic, flight, strength, mutation, aura, essence, darkblade, furious charge, spikey bits, bolt pistol- 186 (goes with raptor squad 1)

Troops

CSM ( 1 w/ lascannon 1 w/ plasma gun- 137

CSM ( 1 w/ lascannon 1 w/ plasma gun- 137

CSM ( 1 w/ lascannon- 127

CSM ( 1 w/ heavy bolter- 117

Fast Attack

Raptors (7) 2 w/ plasma pistols, 1 w/ meltagun, furious charge, asp champion w/ lightning claws- 297

Raptors ( 2 w/ meltaguns, 1 w/ plasma pistol asp champion w/ demonic mutation, power fist- 300

Chaos Bikers (9) 1 w/ flamer, asp champion w/ power fist and demonic mutation-350

Heavy Support

Havoc Squad ( 4 w/ missile launchers, stealth adept- 200

You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to give one of these cc wpns to act as supporting attackers or to take the brunt of charges.

Give these infiltrate and stealth adept, a very handy combo.

Raptors ( 2 w/ meltaguns, 1 w/ plasma pistol asp champion w/ demonic mutation, power fist- 300
    you should use these for tankhunting in combination with the tankhunters skill. don't take a powerfist, I find that they are too slow.

Havoc Squad ( 4 w/ missile launchers, stealth adept- 200
    you wont need stealth adept on these guys, take tankhunters instead.
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to give one of these cc wpns to act as supporting attackers or to take the brunt of charges.
    These guys are going to sit back and shoot, they are going to pick the armies apart piece by piece.

Give these infiltrate and stealth adept, a very handy combo.
    Too many points.

you should use these for tankhunting in combination with the tankhunters skill. don't take a powerfist, I find that they are too slow.
    Powerfists are good when they are concealed in large groups like this.

you wont need stealth adept on these guys, take tankhunters instead.
    Good idea, will do.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your lord is kind of expensive for night lords, and since you have dark blade I wouldn't take strength either... might want to take off a few other abilitys to spend else where.
    For your raptor squads Id give on all the melta guns, the other all the plasma pistols, as I find specilizing your squads with a single weapon helps alot. As for your bikers, might I suggest plasma guns, the abilty to fire 4 plasma shots into a unit, then charge into a seprate unit if one is in range, is a very powerful, and under TAR you can still assault a seprate squad, and still get the +1 charging bonus. Stealth adept is a nice cheap skill you might want to look into for your static squads, especially if your enemy has lots of low ap weapons (star cannons)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about mounting my lord on a bike w/ a plasma gun. What do you think?

might I suggest plasma guns, the abilty to fire 4 plasma shots into a unit
    I would worry about overheating at that point.

Your lord is kind of expensive for night lords, and since you have dark blade I wouldn't take strength either
    I go up against a lot of space marine and tyranid players here. I would be able to either auto kill one of their characters or wound nid monstrous creatures on a 2+ on the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list alot really, its nice and well rounded, good core, not too much heavy support but enough for some AT or AI.

I like the fact that you made your bike squad big as that makes it alot more durable, I see alot of 3 man bike squads in lists and IMOP thats the worst thing that you can do.

I like the fact that you made your havocs 8 man, a sign of a veteran, the perfect number for havocs.

The lord, hmmmm, I think he is a little too pricy as well, mabe drop daemonic strength or somethin, not sure what, he just seems a little too tooled up. With those extra points you could buy infiltrate for a squad or two

All in all it looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you wolf, any suggestions for the 2000k list? I was thinking about a 5th squad of csm and stealth adept for 2 of the squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like the list, looks very solid.
    again, the lord looks a bit tooled up, but thats not a problem.
    i think that plasma guns are too god to be so paranoid about overheating, as you are likly to not be affected. and with that AP, a squad with lots of them could take out those pesky tyrents\terminators. if your going fot 2000, id suggest to put an assaulty squad with the lord. could make for a deadly squad, wich is good for a shooty army...
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK generaly,
    few tweaks I would suggest:

The lord: doesnt need spikey bits: he doesnt need the re-roll, other than that in what about 1500 points? I dont think he is too expensive.

I field my own lord on a bike, I have to say it doesnt really make much difference, other than the extra toughness

Troops: I field shooty squads of 5 guys, means you can get a lot, and take 2 plasma guns, in each squad, but then I dont use the troops for anti tank work, they are to thin out the advancing enemy (usually marines or necrons so 2 plsama guns per 5 guys means they are damn effetive). Given you have las cannons in there too I would be tempted to trim down the las cannon squads numbers (waste of bolter power shooting at tanks, and put the extras in teh heavy bolter squad, which is likely to be shooting at target the bolters can wound

Raptors:
    I used to go for raptor squads liek your first one, but then I found I was strugling, if the raptors are there to assult then all those juicey plasma pistols dont get used (you would lose the charge bonus and the furious charge bonus) so they were a waste of points and the melta guns not only dont get used but they cut down the number of attacks, so now my raptors all have bolt pistol and CCw and furious charge, the champions tend to have the 2 lightening claws

I have seen raptor squads tooled for tank hunting, but then the furious charge is a waste, and frankly that is what those las cannon are for

Bikes:
    OK I agree with your about numbers, mine is up to 8 in my bike squad plus the lor.d. The unit is damn expensive, but damn effective, I would take more special weapons in this squad as it can fire them and keep its charge bonus (use the points from dropping weapons from the raptors) and would probably go for a couple of meltas, I would also give the unit furious charge, I know it is increasing the cost but nothing will stand a charge by these guys, I would be tempted to drop the powerfist for a power weapon as a couple of meltas in the squad gives it all the high strength it needs, but this really i suspect cos I feel guilty about the amount of points you are pouring into the squad

Havoc - fair enough, dont really have any gripes with these, filling a NL single HS choice is always a bit of a nightmare, but I usually go for a pred with all round las cannons, gives me damn good anti armour capacity, but as I said, no realy gripe with the Havoc squad other than lose the stealth adept
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kickass, keep these suggestions coming. Cheredanine, ill definetly keep your suggestions in mind when writing version two. A few things though.

you would lose the charge bonus and the furious charge bonus
    I wouldnt lose the furious charge bonus, i checked with ruleboyz on this.

Code:
     other than that in what about 1500 points?
    You have a point there, ill just take off a few abilities in that situation though.

I used to go for raptor squads liek your first one, but then I found I was strugling, if the raptors are there to assult then all those juicey plasma pistols dont get used (you would lose the charge bonus and the furious charge bonus) so they were a waste of points and the melta guns not only dont get used but they cut down the number of attacks, so now my raptors all have bolt pistol and CCw and furious charge, the champions tend to have the 2 lightening claws

I have seen raptor squads tooled for tank hunting, but then the furious charge is a waste, and frankly that is what those las cannon are for
    I see your point but i am going to leave a few guns in there though, since these guys will be the first to arrive at the front lines, i want them to have a few guns in case they go up against something like a horde army (flamers) or heavy tank armyies (meltas and pistols) ill make room for the furious charge with the bikers like you said though. Take off an extra weapon or two.

Closed Thread