Daemonhunter 1500 Point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That good old Chainfist debate led my mind onto dark paths, and being the insomniac I am ( a bad thing when going on a field exercise tomorrow) I threw together this list. Any feedback appreciated.

HQ :

Grand Master with Chainfist, NFW, Storm Bolter, Icon of the Just

4 Terminator retinue, 1 with Incinerator and 3 basic GK
    Elites :

Inquisitor with Power Armour, Holocaust, Scourging, Consecrated scrolls, Bolt Pistol

Hierophant, Familiar , 2 Combat Servitors

Brother Captain with Chainfist and 4 GK Termies

Troops :

9 Grey Knights + Justicar
    9 Grey Knights + Justicar

Total : 1504 points

35 Models

I'm not expecting to win much, but I think it might be good for a few laughs against a tank heavy army.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Master with Chainfist, NFW, Storm Bolter, Icon of the Just
    Actually, you have to replace either your storm bolter or NFW to take the chainfist. I would get rid of the storm bolter.

Overall, it's a list similar to one I have used before, although I usually take a shooty =I= and retinue (plasma cannon + hvy bolters). You would be surprised how well this list works as a "take all comers list". You do have some trouble against lists with more than one AV13+ vehicle. Otherwise you can put out some decent firepower, and of course some tough hth troops. It might be worth it to lose 1 GK model in order to split the GK in power armor into 3 squads (more flexibility) but then you have smaller squads, and I would probably lose the incinerator on the Terminators to save a few points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I wouldn't stick a Chainfist on a GM. He's got better things to do (read: kill stuff) than take out vehicles. But if you can afford a second termie squad (like you have here), give the BC a chainfist and swap a termie or two in his retinue to have a T-Hammer/Storm Shield combo for free. That way, you have a dedicated hard-to-kill anti-armor squad, but aren't wasting the better-used-elsewhere GM's points.

Now, if only you could take multiple independant GM/BC's... I'd love to stick a BC w/ Chainfist into an existing GM's squad

By the way, your Inq squad is a complete waste of points. He should have a CCW to get an extra attack, at least. And like dvang said, it would be better to make it a Shooty Inq. Maybe a Plasma Cannon, 2 Multimeltas, and a combi-melta on the Inq, to continue the anti-armor theme of the army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

da army is far too slow. a fast transport assault army like biel tan or DE will make liver out of that

Closed Thread