Best CC HQ in 40k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is the best CC HQ in 40K?

Voters
9063. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bloodthirster

6 0.07%
  • Keeper of Secrets

1 0.01%
  • Daemon Prince

5 0.06%
  • Chaos Lord

0 0%
  • Choas Sorceror

0 0%
  • Dark Eldar Archon/Archonite

30 0.33%
  • Space Marine Commander

0 0%
  • Space Marine Chaplain

1 0.01%
  • Space Marine Librarian

0 0%
  • Hive Tyrant

6 0.07%
  • Broodlord

6 0.07%
  • Karmoon

9,001 99.32%
  • Kuffy

7 0.08%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Best CC HQ in 40k

I am curious what people think or find to be the best CC HQ in 40k. I have left out special characters intentionally as they are ... special. So I am curious what people think.

Thanks

There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Best in CC against what? Vehicles, troops or all round?

Im going to nominate the Hive Tyrant for all round CC. Give it wings and Scything talons, and its a decent infantry killer, implant attack for character hunting, plus its an MC so it can have a go at tanks as well. However a tooled up HT can jack up quite a few points, plus it lacks a decent inv save, which is a big downside for me.

Either that or a Daemon prince with warp time.
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

Gonna go with DE archite, need i say why?
    4+ inv as standard(dodge) then the 2+ inv shadow field.
    Half's your WS, takes away your extra hth attack, will always strike first (combat drugs, or her own I and plasma nades), 6 attacks(combat drugs), reroll misses(combat drugs) amazing I and WS(especially when your at half WS) comes with an agoniser 4+ always wounds powerweapon.
    I could say i'm biased but man with those perks even your winged hive tarant would be lucky to roll for a hit.
    Alot of people overlook DE because they are not seen on the board often, but for what you do get and for the points its simply amazing.
    Don't get me wrong winged hive tarants are the great and rightly feared, I'm just completely biased but for good reasons.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzie View Post
    Gonna go with DE archite, need i say why?
    4+ inv as standard(dodge) then the 2+ inv shadow field.
    Half's your WS, takes away your extra hth attack, will always strike first (combat drugs, or her own I and plasma nades), 6 attacks(combat drugs), reroll misses(combat drugs) amazing I and WS(especially when your at half WS) comes with an agoniser 4+ always wounds powerweapon.
    I could say i'm biased but man with those perks even your winged hive tarant would be lucky to roll for a hit.
    Alot of people overlook DE because they are not seen on the board often, but for what you do get and for the points its simply amazing.
    Don't get me wrong winged hive tarants are the great and rightly feared, I'm just completely biased but for good reasons.

Completely understandable mate Many times has my Hive Tyrant gone down to the exact DE build you speak of.
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Well if you are just wanting something that will win almost any CC it is in I would say the best is the the nightbringer as his high toughness and invuln save makes it hard for most things to even hurt him and since his attacks are S10 and you get no save of any kind he tends to kill things. Besides if you do kill him he explodes and it is not something you can just shrug off either. (why do you think he cost so many points) In a one on one fight the only other hq I can think of that could win vs him is a broodlord with implant attack and even then you will need some good dice rolling.
    Last edited by Lyzaru; June 6th, 2008 at 04:28.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Fruitless

This is a little fruitless as a discussion as there is no consideration of context, purpose or expense. Everyone knows that the best cc HQs are the ones that actually get into combat. The nastiest versions always end up getting shot to pieces before they can say,

"Check out my new moves..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

I would definetely say the best CC HQ is the Dark eldar drachite, for the reasons already stated above by dizzie. The drachite costs about 140 points, in CC will defeat anything you care to throw at it (monstrous creatures too with agoniser), and a 2+ inv save make's him very though. Also, as zarahemna states, the best CC HQ's are the ones that can get in CC. And archites are very good at that,because unlike many of the monstrous creatures HQ,it is an IC cannot be targeted unless it is the closest unit,also a 12 inv save will usually protect it. Also, with a 6 move,a fof move,and a 12 charge move (drugs) it can be pretty fast,more so if inside a raider,in which it can easily get first turn charges
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Well I was assuming best ment what would kill everything else in a CC and in that case the nightbringer wins hands down IMO. As for the most useful in a game though I would tend to agree that the DE ones are as they are cheap and can be extremely deadly.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Also, if the Archite uses a punisher setup, they can hit str6 meaning they wound MEQ on 2+, and still get all the other benifits (in addition to being able to insta-kill a number of other T3 characters)

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna View Post
    This is a little fruitless as a discussion as there is no consideration of context, purpose or expense. Everyone knows that the best cc HQs are the ones that actually get into combat. The nastiest versions always end up getting shot to pieces before they can say,

"Check out my new moves..."
    Hence why the broodlord suffers so...

A Librarian specced right can be made an intencehes CC, but hes still a footslogger and costs a massive amount of points.

from my own experiences, id have to say Winged Hive Tyrant is the most versatile but from reading the things about the DE archon, theyre both up there in the top spots.

Verdict: As I am a nid player, my choice is the Tyrant

LX :ninja3:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)