Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I just started to collect IG, and i came up with a list for it:
Comrade-Commisar R. Lee.
(Attached to command squad of platoon alpha)
Bionics, Refractor Field, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
The Glory Boys-
9 storm troopers, 1 vet seargent,mounted in a chimera with hull heavy bolter and turret multi-laser
Junior officer with laspistol& power sword, Honorifica Imperialis
4 gaurdsmen, 1 mortar team.
Seargent with 9 gaurdsmen, Lascannon
Seargent with 9 gaurdsmen, Missle Launcher
Any feedback would be appreciated.
CHAOS FOR THE CHAOS GODS!!!!!!
"When you kill a man, It costs nothing to be polite"
-Winston L.S. Churchill
all im gonna say is beware of mortars, i have a five man squad of traitors that has a sniper and a mortar and all that they can get hit with is indirect firing weapons: i.e. mortars, Griffons and the like. its still a goods list though!
"Stop laughing at the dead humans and reload!" Vet Sgt Hammo 3rd Ranger Force upon the assault of the Cadian Gate (Again!)
The Emperor and the Eldar and the Dark Eldar and the Orks and the Tyranids and the Necrons will (probably) fall to the might of the great Abbadon.
Drop the refractor field and bionics. If you feel you REALLY need them then keep them but I personally think that the points could be better used elsewhere. Like...
Two plasma guns or meltaguns. These wepons are cheap and effective, wach SM players weep! :lol:
Otherwise it's a strong list with good numbers.
Watch this before posting:
Posting and You
Isn't 40k in 40 mins supposed to be 400 points? Anyway one of the coolest 40k in 40mins arimes i've seen in a tournament was a guard army consisting of 2 Basilisks and 20 guard, it wiped the floor with most armies.
I agree with suntzu drop those bionics and refractor field. For squad A I would drop the Lascannon probally for some meltas/plasma stuff. Also, I don't personally like Motars, I would rather have melta/plasma but its up to you.
OVerall a good list you should fair pretty well.
As for the guy who used the Lisk's and 20 guardsmen. I would personally be pretty dissappointed if I played that army, thats brutally unfluffy and hugely power gaming. I mean 40k in 40min is suppose to be like a recon force or some scouts, a small detatchment to look ahead or nab a fuel depot ahead of the main battle force. IT's pretty lame for this type of unit to pack up the siege wepeons and roll them out to go scout ahead off the main squad. But, I realize its still a very good list to win with.
1. Walpo is right, 40K in 40 mins is 400 points, the force org chart of 1 compulsory troop choice only applies to this so for 500 point battle, you need a HQ and 2 troops to be legal.
What are you trying to do here? in 500 points you dont have a lot so you need to focus on what you are trying to do and make sacrifices elsewhere, this is why:
2. as everyone has said, ditch the refracter fiels and the bionics, they may be usefull (and I really dont think the bionics are) in close combat, but this guard, and only 500 points at that, you want to cram in as much shooty goodness as you can
3. for the same reason: ditch the honorifica off the junior officer, it is a waste of 1 20th of your overall points, he may be better in close combat, but he will stil lget flattenend by pretty much everyone elses HQ. replacing his las pistol with a bolt pistol wouldnt be a bad move either
4. Either ditch the morterteam out the platoon HQ or use the HQ as a mortar platoon and get a second mortar team, if you do this then definatley ditch the honorifica
5. This brings us neatly to the storm troopers, yes they look nice, but you have tied up about half your points in one unit, which is in the one vehicle you have, one well placed las cannon shot will reduce the chimera to ruin and half the squad. I would ditch the stormies, save em until you are playing 1000 points, or at least take em out the chimera, I dont even understand what you are trying to do with them, you have given them no special weapons, nor have you give the Sgt any wargear. As a very minimum, ditch the chimera, give them some weapons (possibly meltas and deep strike) and tool up the sgt a little., but ideally get rid of this whole unit and buy some more guardsmen
Everything you have been told is a lie!
Yeah it was an unfluffy list but so was everyone else's, it was a tournament. There was a Nid army there with 6 warriors with Venom Cannons and upgraded Ballistic skill with only the minimum amount of the cheapest gaunts to make it leagal, there were a lot of beardy armies. It wasn't really a suggestion just a comment to point out that you can do a lot to win even with only 400 points.
Last 40k in 40 min nid army i played was 38 gaunts.
36 with rending claws and 2 with hive nodes...
A Promise to a dead man means nothing.
Well if you want to play at 500 pts. with the updated force org. chart, you can use the 40K in a Flash rules (the US White Dwarf version of 40K in 40 Minutes), which has a 500 pt. limit but is otherwise more or less the same. I think the rules are posted on the US GW site, if you don't have that particular issue of the Dwarf (can't remember the number right now, but I can find out if need be).
The fact that you are using a different force org chart and it i a tourney dont alter the facts that you dont have a lot to play with in 500 points and I still dont get the Storm troopers and teh chimera, guard can cope admirably with 500 points, get loads of infanty and heavy weapons squads
Dont try and do everything
Everything you have been told is a lie!