Which codex for renegades? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    kad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which codex for renegades?

This may be a dumb question, but I've been out of the hobby for some time.

I see a bunch of "Renegade" figures on Forgeworld's site and I see mention of them here and there. What codex are they part of ? Are they in the IG codex? Are they in any codex at all or are they just IG that have been decorated with a chaos theme?

-K
    Someone with WAY too many figures to paint!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

It is very easy to make a chaos themed army using the Imperial Guard codex (tournament legal as well)

i always thought Chem Inhalers would be cool in a chaos themed army, along with lots of commissars (evil commissars, they dont really care if they have to kill one of their own men )
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

For standard codices, you should use the Imperial Guard codex. However, I believe Imperial Armour has (or is going to have) rules for the Renegade forces themselves, so either way.

kad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    For standard codices, you should use the Imperial Guard codex. However, I believe Imperial Armour has (or is going to have) rules for the Renegade forces themselves, so either way.
    Thanks Nemesis
    -K
    Someone with WAY too many figures to paint!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Armour: Seige of Vraks does have a renegade ruleset. Not tou\rny legal, but it is fun and you can always use it with friends.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
    Imperial Armour: Seige of Vraks does have a renegade ruleset. Not tou\rny legal, but it is fun and you can always use it with friends.
    It is a very interesting and flavorfull list, similar in comparison to the IG dex.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with the others, IG would be perfect and still be tourny legal, you would just not have to be too outrageous with your conversions, or at least make sure you can see what model they are from the dex. Then for friendlies you could use the FW renegade list
    Back in the zone!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

If you do use the gaurd codex take conscripts and model them to look like slaves taken and forced to fight for their evil masters and plant an independent commisar in there to represent the slave driver. Plant this on the objective then laugph as the opponent has to prettymuch kill off all 50 mento remove them frop scoring status in 5th edition because face it with ld 10 they aren't going anywhere fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, the new Guard codex is coming out the middle of next year. Supposedly, this version will not have doctrines, and will be organised much differently than it is now. Secondly, the GW website has a mutant datasheet for Apocalypse, which has 10-30 model groups of mutants with a few upgrades, and the ability to take half of them as big mutants.

I hope I have been helpful.

+ Reply to Thread