No charge from a LR in 5th ed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No charge from a LR in 5th ed

I played 5 games of 5th ed and had 2 days to read the book. I can't find in the book that space marines' get to charge out of a Land Raider. I am just writing in hopes that I missed it. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Did you check the main rulebook on assaulting from vehicles?

And since this isn't a question we can answer, it's getting punted from rules questions.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

What you're looking for should be in the Codex containing the Land Raider in question. The Blood Angels codex, for instance, has a wargear entry for "Assault Vehicle", an upgrade that their Land Raiders are equipped with, which contains a rule that modifies the standard disembarking/assaulting rules. So check your codex =).

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; June 20th, 2008 at 23:54.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a question that can be answered Anyone who has a chance to look at the 5th ed rulebook can answer it. I play grey knights and in the codex it does not say anything about the LR being assult. I will go look at the Blood angels htough and ty for the VERY helpful reply! I looked in the space marine codex and there is no mention of assult vehicle. So now the question is if the Blood Angels codex lists the LR as assult vehicle can space marines use the "assult" version too or is it only a BA vehicle?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

For the DH (and WH, for that matter), it would seem logical that GW would FAQ that rule when the new FAQs are released on July 12. Of course, GW has an atrocious record of keeping the Inquisition rules up to date, so we'll just have to wait and see.

In our gaming group, we're going to allow my GK land raiders to be an assault vehicle, no matter what GW does or does not do. Every other land raider is an assault vehicle, so....
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread