Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well, for a while I've been wanting to do either a Daemonic Forge army or one from the Dark Mechanicus. Now, if I was to go for the Dark Mechanicus, can anyone think of which codex would best represent it? The way I'm imagining the Admech army is lots of dark robed servitors led my chaos techmarines and Dark techpriests, while they lead legion on legion of Daemonic machines and artillery.
hmm,,, i think i'd lean towards....
Chaos Nurgle, suported by the 'mechy' things avalible
use plauge marines as your core servitors, as heavily armoured, really tough to kill and have 4+ 'bionics' which would represent slightly demonic servitors pretty well.
Also, take a defiler or two, as nothing screems "evil robots" more than a spider walker
Vindicators are always cool looking
Oblits are fesible choice too, but don't spam them
Dreads are very mech, are elite so you can take them, but they are risky.. so if you play for fun get 2 or 3 as they big
for HQs, Lord with lots of servo arms, could be represented by khorne lord with steed, as it increases stats, but not speed
for a 2nd HQ, you could convert a mechanical demon prince as his masterpiece, (if giving it a psycic power, make it warptime & call it the big red button, or a less orky equivilent)
Do not. take lash, as it'd be almost imposible to create fluff for.
but yeah, there's some ideas for you, as long as the army is themed together, and it's obviouse units are seperate, then it's fine to take differnt gods, as there not actualy differnt gods, and it fits fluff
(screw you slannesh HQ & khorne troops / 9 oblits, get a damn army that makes sense)
Last edited by boo; June 25th, 2008 at 11:33.
But those are all power armoured and T5 with S4 and stuff. The actual Tech Servitors have the profile of a guardsman. Which is my problem. This army would be much easier to do in Apocalypse. However, as far as I know a Dark Mechanicus army would probably consist of combat servitors and their monstrous artillery and machinations. I could also maybe have some fallen electro priests etc?
See, I would do Tau, but they have Skimmers and no Combat Tanks, which doesn't seem very Dark Mechanicus to me.
Ho hum, this is very difficult.
Edit: However, this has got me thinking. Perhaps thousand Sons, with their good weaponry, toughness (daemonicly twisted machinations anyone?) and ability to move and fire. Then I could also take a Defiler (Its Dark Mechanicus, it just HAS to be there) in addition to some other stuff.
Anyone got any ideas on modelling Daemonic tanks?
Edit: However then there wouldn't be many big nasty tanks. Gah!
Ok I think I've cracked it!!
Guard HQ as normal
Inquisitor Lord (unsure as to what he is so far... shhh)
3 Quad Launchers (Daemonic Guns)
2 Tech Priests, One with an Honorifica who will act as my "HQ"
1 Eversor Assassin who is a Dark Electro Priest (Or I drop him and the Inquis and get a priest+Arco Flagellants to be Dark Electro Priests)
Guardsmen Infantry Platoons (Servitors + Vehicles)
Armoured Fist Squadrons
2 Squads of Grey Knights (Death Servitors)
Sentinels (Daemonic Walkers)
Lots and lots of them
And Im torn between Mechanised and Die Hards. Thoughts?
So thats it! The marvellous army that shall make up the Dark Mechanicus!!!
Edit: Just tried a Mechanised list. Waaayyy too expensive. Armoured Fist Squads away =)
Archnomad you've already thought of my answer, use guard troops with some allies and model them up to look all dark, twisted, and evil. Err, darker, more twisted, and evil.Daemonic remote control. I'll be moving on to psychic Tau now.Do not. take lash, as it'd be almost imposible to create fluff for.
On a serious note, seeing a model armed with a demonic remote control used to control other units would fun and witty.
Veni Vidi Variant
I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.
The spikey ones go faster.
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.
Saga of the Ages. Click it.
Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.
Hmmm, I can't fit a list I like into 1500 >.<
One problem of this list is it is very expensive, with an epic 9 points per guardsman. One wonders if I would be better off with Grenadiers.
This is not a problem of game effectiveness, merely I cannot fit everything I want in. Thoughts on taking Stormtroopers?