Librarium Online Forums banner

Adeptus arbites

658 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Falamin 
#1 ·
Was going through Army Builder, and ran across the Adeptus Arbites. I have always loved the fluff behind them, and they looked really good, but I am unable to find official Documentation on their existence as a real army. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, couldn't really decide where to put it.

#2 ·
Adeptus Arbites no longer exist in 40k as a unit per se. You can field them in Necromunda as they are, and those rules are online.

In 40K they actually make great substitutions for Imperial storm troopers (IG, DH, WH), carapace armored IG, and IG hardened vets. A lot of people will take regular IG and buy a bunch of arbites to lead the army as command squads and have a penal legion.

From what I recall of Adeptus Arbites in 2nd Ed 40k, they tended to be armed with shotguns, had the same stats as an IST or IG vet, had carapace armor, and could get power mauls and suppression shields. The shotguns and carapace armor you could do no sweat with ISTs or vets. The power maul and suppression shield would be doable if you took an Inquisitor from the WH list and gave him crusader body guards. These are armed with a shield (4+ invuln), carapace armor, and a PW. Your suppression shield/power maul arbiter would fit well in that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.