Sob Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sob Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my 1500 point SoB list, now in the right place.

Please critique it. I don't plan to add inquisitors or priests unless I go above 1,500 points.

Mother Columbina, Palatine – Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Book of St. Lucius, Cloak of St. Aspira. 71 points.

Sisters of Battle Squad #1 – 12 Sisters, Veteran Superior Santuzza, Imagifer, Meltagun x2. 186 points.

Sisters of Battle Squad #2 – 12 Sisters, Veteran Superior Amneris , Imagifier, flamer, Heavy Flamer. 184 points.

Seraphim – 6 Seraphim, Veteran Superior Carmen, Purity Seals, Hand Flamers x2, Melta bombs. 185 points.

Dominion Squad #1 – 6 Dominions, Veteran Superior Musetta, Flamer x4, Frags. 122 Points.
    Immolator, Extra Armor, Smoke, Pintle SB, Holy Promethium, and Laud Hailer. 103 points.

Dominion Squad #2 – 6 Dominions, Veteran Superior Violetta, Meltagun x4. 140 points.
    Immolator, TL Multi-Mel, HK Missile, Extra Armor, Smoke, Searchlight. 109 points.

Retributor Squad – 6 Retributors, Veteran Superior Desdemona, Heavy Bolter x4. 140 points.
    Immolator, TL Multi-Melta, HK Missile, Extra Armor, Smoke, Searchlight. 109 points.

Excorcist – Extra Armor, Pintle SB, Searchlight. 151 points.

1,500 Points.

The fire's going out...pass me another heretic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall i really liked the list, somehow it look much better than one i did myself with a sisters only force. A few points i would like to bring to your attention....

First i would (points allowing, of course) swap the palantine for a canoness and also change her equipment for a plasma pistol and blessed weapon. Although with the ammount of meltas you have, it might prove hlpful to have a low AP weapon shooting before an attack and players usually disregard those as an anti-tank threat which could prove very helpful, specially against low armour transports. The Blessed weapon is very good in close combat, even in comparison with power weapons and the loos of an attack there is more probability of killing a marine with a blessed weapon than there is with a power weapon and its extra attack.

In relation to the seraphims i would put at least one extra girl but would prefer two. Although the meltabombs could be very good maybe because of the meltas you already have you might not miss them as much (and there geting some points back to spend on the canoness....)

Dominion Squads; they aree very expensive but could be very effective. Fist i just wanna tell you that after playing on and off with sisters for 2 years, in the good number of games i fielded the immolator not once it ended the battle with it's weapon and mobility (that's not counting the times it got destroyed).

Also ... why not actually swap the Immolator between the squads? This way you would have both anti-tank and anti-infantry choice on both squads. also because you can only move the Immolator (with multi-melta) up to 6" to be able to shoot with it, it could prove difficult for you to use the meltaguns inside it. The Immolator with the heavy flamer can move 12" and still shoot and you'll be closer to enemy vehicles to use the meltaguns.

On the other Immolator you can use the flamer squad to engage enemy squads besides the immolator and so block any LOS the enemy might have to it..

Last words... the magnificent EXORCIST, I wouldn't put any upgraded on it, that all... Exorcist Launcher and storm bolter will usually have different optimal targets and if you need to move it (extra armour) then you might be in a sticky situation....
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your comments. I will play around with points and see what I can do to upgrade to a canoness. Part of why I went with a Palantine was the point size of the army. Her main job is for leadership. However, everyone I know who plays SoB or against them says take a canoness. I&#39;m trying to get away from tooled up leaders. Playing L&tD without CSM allies has helped with this.

I will drop the melta bombs on the sisters, give a melta bomb to the superior and use the extra points to increase the size of the unit. Their primary mission is to harass enemy infantry and seize terrain. What do you think about giving the superior a storm bolter?

I put the storm bolter on the exorcist so it can do something when the missile launcher is killed. If it came with a hull mounted weapon like a basilisk or chimera I wouldn&#39;t have bought it. I will experiment with having the storm bolter on it.

I will also experiment with swapping the immolators between the dominions and see which way works best. I do like your points about the meta-gun armed sisters. My concern with this is, in practice, a generalized unit is not as good as a specialized one. I will find out. I may also drop the blessed promethium. Against anything not in power armor, I should cause 25% casualties most times I use it anyway. Power armored troops typically have a high enough Ld that morale tests are not an issue.

I will do the number crunching tonight. I hope to have the army playable in two months. Unfortunately, I don&#39;t have much time for painting. I&#39;ve managed to get five seraphim done. My color scheme is regal blue armor and white hair/cloth/gloves. I accent with gold. Guns are painted steel. If I could ever take a decent picture of a mini I would post it. I&#39;ve been trying to take a pic of one of my slaanesh chaos lords to use as my avatar, but all attempts have failed.

Again, thank you for your advice.

Havelock
    The fire&#39;s going out...pass me another heretic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to say I don&#39;t think you can put the points of specific wargear in your lists like that for copyright reasons. You should take that out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it out.
    The fire&#39;s going out...pass me another heretic.

Closed Thread