1850 Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Grand Master w/ master crafted NFW <160>
    7 termie retinue <322>

482 points HQ

Elites
    Inquisitor w/ psycannon
    -sage
    -2 gun servitors with HB
    -1 gun servitor with plasma cannon
    <155>

Callidus Assassin
    <110>

265 points elites

Troops
    Infantry platoon Alpha
    -Junior Officer + staff <40>
    -10 guardsmen (1 las cannon team)<85>

Infantry platoon Beta
    -Junior Officer + staff <40>

760 points troops (and 90 warm bodies wielding 8 las cannons)

Fast Attack
    6 Grey Knights <175>
    6 Grey Knights <175>

350 points Fast Attack

Total=1857
    26% HQ
    14% Elite
    41% Troops
    19% Fast Attack

what do you think?

<span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You need two DH troop choices. Inducted guardsmen don&#39;t count. Drop 2 of those IG squads for 2 units of Inquisitional Storm Troopers with melta/plasma.

Toss a second sage and a mystic into the inquisitor&#39;s retinue. Rerolls on the plasma plus free shots in special situations are priceless.

What are you doing with the command sections of both platoons? I use mine for either defense of the heavy squads (grenade launchers, plasma, and keep them close to the other squads), or as a small distraction unit (plasma, melta, powerweapon, and use them as a small, cheap unit to tie the enemy up/remove armor). If not those, at least give them their own special weapon. With all those lascannons (too many, btw), give the command sections autocannons or something.

In a platoon of command + 4, I&#39;d give like 2-3 missile launchers, a lascannon or two, and maybe an autocannon. This gives you the ability to take out troops (What if you face a Nid army, for example? Lascannons&#39;ll pop the Tyrants, but what about the gaunts?) as well as HQ&#39;s and armor.

All in all, a lot of bodies, a lot of anti-armor, plus 20 models with a 3+ or better dropping out of nowhere. Good plan. Add in the required DH troops and more versatility in the IG heavy weapons, and you should be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres what i would do:

drop two IG squads, and change three of the six remaining to have heavy bolters. get two squads of stormtroopers (you need two DH troops choices). this should work out to the same points still, adjust the stormtrooper squad sizes to fit.

i know this gives you less warm bodies, as you put it, but it does mean that at least some of the warm bodies get an armour save against light weapons and will actually be able to hit a barn from the inside besides, your army isnt legal till you do that.

oh yeah and about your GM + retinue..... dont tell your opponent unless you have to. peoples faces when you deepstrike 8 GK terminators into their lines are priceless. especially when one of them is a GM.

Closed Thread