1500pt Space Marine List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaplain Vespula
    Bolt-pistol, master crafted crozious Arcanum, rosarius, frag grenades, bionics-97pts

Commander Vespian
    Master crafted power fist, plasma pistol, iron halo, bionics-135pts

Dreadnought Vespalun
    plasma cannon, extra armour-120pts

Dreadnought Vaspel
    twin linked autocannon, extra armour-115pts

10 tactical marines
    plasma gun, missile launcher-166pts

10 Tactical marines
    plasma gun, missile launcher-166pts

8 Tactical marines
    meltagun, sergeant:bolt pistol and close combat weapon-130pts

10 scouts
    4 sniper rifles-150pts

10 Assault marines
    remove jump packs, two plasma pistols, vet: master crafted power weapon-205pts

Land speeder typhoon
    heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher-75pts

Whirlwind
    extra armour-80pts

5 Devastators
    4 heavy bolters-135pts

please rate

"There is no room for the weak" Chaplain Vespula at the seige of Hive Vespan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds solid, but I have a few questions:

-What rules are you going to use? Vanilla, or a certain Chapter?
    -No transports? Is that wise?
    -Devastators with all Heavy Bolters? Play against alot of Orks do we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vanilla rules and i play nids alot especially warriors with pesky 4+ saves
    and also my army is reasonably mobile (land speeder and walkers) and the infantry have heavy weapons so they tend to remain stationary
    "There is no room for the weak" Chaplain Vespula at the seige of Hive Vespan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you could do with some transports, slam your assault marines in then and they'll arrive in combat with fewer casulties. Plus they can get around to where there needed most. 'Course, you could put there jump packs back on, but it would cost 100 extra points as opposed to a mere 58 for a decent rhino.
    I do have to agree that the landspeeder can be mobile enough to catch a last second table quarter, but I'll bet it gets destroyed first. I love the dreads, a mobile firebase and bullet attractors. I'd perhaps swap one of the missile launchers for a Lascannon to handle those pesky tanks.
    The scouts could use bolters, since 4 have snipers - you might aswell have them shooty. Although I have seen them be pretty nasty when it comes down to melee.

By the way - his avatar is a picture of one of his marines.
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think in the current set up he is more likely to be taking the high ground and waiting for an assaulting force to come at him... that's what it seems to be set up for so the assault marines would be more of a reactive force than an active force... moving to intercept the first thing to get across no man's land.
    my only concern is that the only thing that can deal with major armor are the missile launchers and meltagun... but if you won't be playing against any land raiders or monoliths or facing any leman russ's head on it won't be a problem.
    seems pretty solid if you're setting up to go against anything with massive numbers of troops like orks or nids and a few IG players... although they will bring their favorite armor along with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK he has made it quite clear he is facing tyranids alot, which means his opponents are coming to him.

Chaplain: Normally I dont see the point of MC the corsius, he has a good enough chance to hit anyway. The bionics are a waste, they hardly ever pay their points value, I would give him termie honours

Commander: Ditto the MC on the power fist, I would not give him a plasma pistol not worth losing the attack if it blows, I would give him Termie honours also and Again the Bionics are a waste

First dread: fine

Second dread: fine VS Tyranids, there are better weapons against other armies

First 2 tac squads: fine,l be tempted by a vet sgt for the leadership and the odd set too they get involved in, but of you are tight on points, fine,

Third tac squad, vet sgt would benefit from a power weapon

Scout squad: only 4 sniper rifles? I put my scouts into 2 sorts of squads: assult or sniper, you seem to have a mix here

Assulties: fine although again I normally wouldnt MC the vet Sgts power weapon
    Other wise fine except I question the EA on the whirlwind, does it really need it?

Overall pretty decent, but very ant tyranids, your lack of speed will cost you against other armies when playing objectives
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with a lot of what cheredaine said (thats the second time thats happened now!!!&#33

master-crafting in my opinion is utterly pointless, you could get another marine or, better yet, give a veteran sergeant a power weapon, which would add 3 power weapon attacks rather than allow you to re-roll one. go figure. same goes for bionics. if you take away both master-craftings and both bionics, you could....

give both HQs termie honours and have 20pts to play with
    give all the rest of your scouts sniper rifles, which brings me to the next point... if i were you i would drop some of the scouts, freeing up some points and allowing you to give all but the sergeant sniper rifles. that way, the squad isnt trying to be two things at once.

going back to the HQ, i would keep the plasma pistol. yes, it could blow up, but on the other hand thats a fairly sure wound on a TMC before you charge it.....

third tactical squad, as i said (and Cheredaine said) he needs a power weapon.

in the assault squad, great fine wonderful but lose the master-crafting, that'll buy you a power weapon for the other vet sergeant. and i suppose remove jump packs makes sense against 'nids, though i still dont like it. 100pts is a lot of points though....

i dont like landspeeder typhoons much, i prefer to have more of the standard-pattern ones, but thats up to you. the whirlwind is fine, as are the devestators. i would be very tempted to swap the missile launchers in your tactical squads for lascannons. its not hugely more expensive like it is for devestators, and the AP2 can be very useful when that carnifex is getting too damn close.

overall, although i managed to make so many criticisms, its not a bad list at all.

Closed Thread