What Would My De Army Be In A Distant Future... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up a Dark Eldar codex and quickly sketched out a 1500 pt army, but I doubt myself as to how effectively I wrote it up. Here it is:

*HQ* [Total 361]

1 Archon w/ Agonisor, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol (131)
    Retinue: 5 Incubi (125)
    1 Raider w/ Disintegrator (60)

1 Haemoculous w/ Destructor, Sissorhands (45)

*Troops* [Total 723]
    9 Warriors w/ 1 Blaster, 1 Splinter Cannon (87)
    1 Sybarite w/ Terrorfex, Poisoned Blades (34)

20 Warriors w/ 2 dark lances (180)

*Fast Attack* [Total 285]
    3 Reaver jetbikes w/ 2 blasters (95)

*Heavy Support* [Total 110]
    1 Ravager w/ 1 Disintegrator (110)

The total's only 1479, so I have a few more points to work with. I could give a squad or two some plasma grenades, for instance, or I could drop the warrior squad for a band of war wytches.

The basic premise of this army is to use the Raider squads, Warrior squad, and Reavers to punch holes into enemy defenses and whittle them down until I can get my Archon and Incubi to the scene, at which point the Warriors disengage from their transports and join the fray. I will generally focus my attack on a single point and then try to eat the enemy one squad at a time (lots of SM and CSM players here)...

And after reading the codex, I now know what you guys are talking about when you say that if well used the DE can be fatal... :unsure:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and I hope the DE far you well. :a

Hq- Nice hq, my incubi one is the same. It works very well from my experiences. I would just lose the haemonculus, he aint really going to do all the much, but he isn't really a total liability either, just depends if you need pts elsewhere.

Troops- Personally I would drop the terrorfex and p-blades for an agoniser. Also make that 20 man squad into 2 ten man with 2 DL's a piece.

Fast Attack- I would possibly try this with the RJB's, make one 5-6 man squad with a succubus w/ agoniser, T helm and haywire nades. Keeping the 2 blasters, this seems to be the best way to run the RJB's imo you get a good anti-tank hunter and a good cc squad.

Hvy. Support- Get all diss'es they rock. OR else the all DL's if you play alot of armor. Big thing here don't mix the weps.

General Comments: This is a fairly decent list but I think I might do this. Besides the pre-mentioned changes. Drop one of your raider squads, the haemonculus, and 3 of those RJB's. That should leave you with enough points to make the forementioned changes and add a squad of witches in a raider, with a succubus and agoniser.

:a :a :a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your HQ is ok, but many players incuding me prefer a RJB archon, mainly couse he is faster, and in the new rules when your transport is blown up the unit is auto pinned....besides archon in a retinue could panic for what ever reason, and of you are below halve strenght then bye, bye my CC monster...

Incubi are alright but IMHO when used with a second cheaper HQ

Haemonculus is great when he has destructor, but he is to slow, give him RJB or Skyboard, and he can destroy whole squads of guardsmen or similar units by him self (shooting plus CC)

Raiders squads - Piosoned blades are very good against Guard, and such stuff but when you are facing anything with a 3+ save then the agoniser is your weapon, especially as the sybarite will be the last one to die from the squad so he can make his points back every time. Droop the terrofex, couse it is almost always better to fleet of foot instead of shooting. Terrofex is good in an army that pinns evry thing....every squad with a terrofex, every raider with a horrofex...I once played that kind of army and it is really annoing....my opponet said that is I will ever do that again, then........[censored]

I agree with ReeseBites, warriors with DL should be in units of 10 - max 12

Reaver units are to small. Units of 5 with 2 blasters each are perfect.

About the raveger I once more agree with ReeseBites, don't mix the weapons, 3 desintegrators can do meat out of any squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An rjb archon is ok but an archon on foot is even faster 6in move d6in fof 12in assalt

Better than an rjb 12in move and 6 in assalt

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with you guys on the DL sniper thingy. IF you are using a DL snipe squad, drop the Sybarite. The point is to stay far away from CC. If you do get into CC, those DLs have already done their jobs, and become merely a wall to help you bide time while you develop a plan on how to kill that demon prince with 1 wound left (due to the DLs).

I used to do the EXACT same thing with jetbikes, but figured that 2 squads are actually better. Why? Cuz you drop 2 blasters/shredders, but your numbers per squad increases and your chances of surviving are increased. Also note that every successful reaver squad has a Succubus w/Agonizer or Power Weapon, depending on how tought your opponent is (ie agains IG use power weapon).

Everything else looks fine, for the heavy support I believe that you were talking about a Ravager with 3 disintegrators, not 1. Always max out in dissies, they kill alot of troops and are definitely the +15 points (for all three). Three lances are fine, but I'd rather slaughter troops and let my snipers take care of the tanks.

Otherwise, excellent!!!

PS - depending on your opponent, you might wanna switch between dissies and DLs on your raider.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok... i strongly dislike incubi... not worth it
    i would drop down to one larger squad of jetbikes and stick the leader in it like everyone else is saying.
    drop the 20 man squad
    and add some wyches in raiders- 1 or 2 squads
    make all the weapons on the ravager the same
    add a squad of scourges with all splinter cannons
    make every raider have a disintigrator and give the ravager all dark lances
    make sure every squad has a blaster and a dark lance or a splinter cannon and a shredder... the first is anti-armor the second is anti-troop
    and don't forget your leader's sole purpose in life is to kill expensive buffed out units... he should go straight for the tyrant/carnifex/chaos lord etc.
    the list you have would work except that the bikes waste too many points and you have a slight lack of real HTH power... hence the wyches
    you're on the right track... so don't worry if you don't like anyone else's ideas just develope your playing style around the army you want to play

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATED LIST (did some of the changes you guys said)

*HQ* [Total 396]

1 Archon w/ Agonisor, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Splinter Pistol (131)
    Retinue: 5 Incubi (125)

1 Haemoculous w/ Destructor, Sissorhands on RBJ (45+35)

*Troops* [Total 743]
    1 Sybarite w/ Agoniser (34)

10 Warriors w/ 2 dark lances (100)

10 Warriors w/ 2 dark lances (100)

*Fast Attack* [Total 362]
    5 Reaver jetbikes w/ 2 blasters + Succubus w/ Agonizer + Tormentor Helm (160+16+5)
    5 Reaver jetbikes w/ 2 blasters + Succubus w/ Agonizer + Tormentor Helm (160+16+5)

*Heavy Support* [Total 120]
    1 Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators (105+5+5+5)

TOTAL: 1621

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What army do you face?

Get 2 DL's in those 10 man squads. If you play marines or cron's get agonisers and drop those terrorfex and p-blades. If you paly gaurd they will do well as is. You need a T helm on those Succubus to get an addition attack in cc, on those bikes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ReeseBites@Jun 14 2004, 202
    What army do you face?

Get 2 DL's in those 10 man squads. If you play marines or cron's get agonisers and drop those terrorfex and p-blades. If you paly gaurd they will do well as is. You need a T helm on those Succubus to get an addition attack in cc, on those bikes.
    Ok I done that, should be good now?... :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good list, just think where will be the lone haemonculus - mayby change the skyboard to RJB and he could help those reavers?? Oh and the reavers - the units are to small....when you loose one, youre loosing special weapon or the sybarite...take them in units of five.

And 10 warriors with 2 DL cost 100 pts

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast