Cc King - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cc King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with the new V4 coming out who do you think will be the CC King. Mind you the reason I'm asking is I already play 13th company and I'm deciding to either play tyranids or Orks.

"Are farts supposed to be lumpy?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this double posted?

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get your question, you ask who has the best cc troops or what? Well both Tyranids/Orks are good in cc depends how you use them...(well Orks are kinda obligated to get in cc to rock n'roll...)

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's just asking which army is going to be the best to get into close combat with as in whos gonna own close combat?

I gotta go for DH
    they have true grit plus all grey knight attacks are strength 6
    grey knights rule

and there ya go :ph34r:
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im gonna say its dark eldar. now that they are one of the onyl races who can disembark and assault while moving, this gives them a HUGE advantage. and now their incubi dont even ahve to be in base to use an agonizer! this makes killing wraithlords easier then ever.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Radier, wych, and incubi heavy DE

by far the best... still
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Dark Eldar are and still will be the champions of CC in 4th edition. At least until their new codex comes out (IF it ever comes out).

As a second choice, though, I would have to go with Nids. Even with all the complaints against them, they still excel at CC against just about anyone, except for tooled out DE squads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

what new codex?

they&#39;re getting merged with eldar
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

what new codex?
    they&#39;re getting merged with eldar
    I think this whole getting merged with Eldar thing is being taken a bit out of context. The only thing that I read said that dark eldar and eldar were just going to be in the same codex. Nothing I&#39;ve read mentions that they are totally doing away with evil Eldar, they are just going to put them in the same codex with ALL the other branches of eldar. The dark eldar, in this context, would just be from a different craftworld; an evil one.

The same rumor is going around about the new SM codex, which is supposed to have all the branch chapters in it and a limited "make your own chapter" system for people who can&#39;t seem to find just what they want.

Also, I was just browsing through army builder and I realized exactly what the best CC troop in the game is:

Tyranid Seeding Swarm Ferocious Genestealer Squads.

They tie for the highest initiative in the game, have the second best WS in the game, have rending claws, ST 5 and can deep strike directly into CC which counts as charging. As long as the deep strike template is directly on target you can kiss whoever&#39;s butt is under the template good bye. I don&#39;t care if they ARE Dark Eldar.

This put &#39;Nids right back on top of their rightful place as the best CC troops in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nids have always been the best at close combat, really.
    They&#39;re numerous enough to slaughter Wyches (I don&#39;t see why everyone&#39;s so afraid of a 4+ invuln, they&#39;re still T3.) and Orcs, and also have access to much more dangerous units, like Stealers and Raveners, which can tear just about anything to pieces.
    Nids have the speed of Raiders, (Although they take a long time to move <_<.) on many of their units, and once your in combat with about sixty Gaunts, you can kiss your shooting goodbye.
    Ferocious Stealers are crazy monsters of death, and the main reason I enjoy playing Seeding Swarm. Several people I play aaginst, when they hear that I&#39;m fielding Tyranids set up as far back in the corner as possible, in a tiny triangle. This usually prompts me to tell them I&#39;m playing Seeding Swarm. (Which I usually have decided before the game, they just never think to ask X_x.)
    <a href='http://www.onpoint-marketing.com/stealth-marketing.htm' target='_blank'>The future of marketing is here&#33; Stealth Marketing&#33;</a>
    Wait, you mean that optimism isn&#39;t fashionable anymore?&#33;
    Lord of Smart-ass Youthimizzles.
    Soup&#39;s up, bitches&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast