Dark Angles Dreadnought Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first ever space marine list, so it is either utterly stupid or utter genious. My main plan is to have one flank advnacing with those fast moving dreadnought and the 10 assault marines, while I have a very strong fire base consisiting of 40 marines and some heavy weapons.

I was considering maybe buying a devestator squad to boost my fire base, but I dont really want to use many tanks in this army. I figure the 3 deadnoughts and the 10 assault marines and the book worm will take out everything in close combat.

(Small question: I am not very familar with 40k, so when the dreadnought goes into close combat what does it do? Just the 3 S10 attacks or are their other rules it has?)

What are your opinions.

HQ
    Librarian – Two lightning claws, jump pack – 130

Elites
    Dreadnought – Plasma cannon, storm bolter – 115

Troops
    15 Zealots – Mob weapons –

10 Tactical Marines – Bolter, las cannon – 171

10 Tactical Marines – Bolter, las cannon – 171

10 Tactical Marines – Bolter, plasma cannon – 171

10 Tactical Marines – Bolter, plasma cannon – 171

Fast Attack
    5 Assault Marines – Bolt pistol, close combat weapon, melta bombs – 145

5 Assault Marines – Bolt pistol, close combat weapon, melta bombs – 145

Models – 69 Points – 1500

Bolters – 40 Heavy weapons – 7 Small arms – 25

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add a devastator squad with 10 marines and 4 plasma cannons. I love rolling 4 hits, placing one marker and multiplying by 4.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should I get rid of then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i don&#39;t actually play DA but I was thinking about it and I definately love Plasma Cannons ( wish my army ad some <_< ). Now if you wanted to get the devastatoor squad with the plasmacannons you could take out a plasacannon squad. I garantee you the Devastators will make more points back.

Just a warning though, with the 4th edition rules update, Devastators will bcome alot more fragile since you won&#39;t be able to hide tem behind your troops.

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"15 Zealots – Mob weapons "

I&#39;m sorry, and I&#39;m sure this is a stupid question, but I&#39;ve got the 2nd Edition DA codex, and I&#39;ve NEVER heard of Zealots before - what are they exactly?
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...ader.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zealots are in the new with dwarf chapter approved - can SM&#39;s take them? Any way even If you can take the zealots don&#39;t, you would be much better to give your self more assualt marines and a few Vet. Sgts with power fist and weapons in both your assualt squads. And perhaps if you have spare points 2 in 2 of your tac squads to defend your fire base from assualts. Another mnor tweek is to give one of your dreadnoughts a lass cannon if you plan to be flanking with them you&#39;ll get some pot shot and the side armor of a few tanks at S9 is always good to have around. My las suggetion would be to change the librarina to a chaplin but keep the same wargear, a chaplin with lighting claws and a jump pack become the blender &#39;O&#39; death when let lose on basic troops. I don&#39;t think i mention this befor but this is a very strong list and you sould be very proud of it if it&#39;s your first.
    "you don't under stand, my empathy for you could fit in a match box, with the matches in it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a great list
    i would not take a devastator squad because you are always better off spreading out your heavy weapons- it is much harder to take them out that way

Closed Thread