Blood Angel / Space Wolf Dreadnought Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently saw a friend of mine's dream dreadnought army at play. I wasn't really sure of it's legality and believed it to be seriously unbalanced. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure how many points it was, but over 2000. Thus, he could split his force organization chart. What I wasn't sure about is whether you can take two separate 1000 army lists from two different chapters.

Space Wolves

Venerable Dreadnought

3 * dreadnoughts (various weapons, mostly plasma, melta, and las)

2 * (10) grey hunters

Blood Angels

Librarian - lightning claws, jump pack, termie honors

2 * (6) tactical squad + lascannon

3 * Furioso dreadnoughts (elite)
    3 * dreadnoughts (heavy) - various heavy weapons

To me, it seems that any kind of shooty army would destroy this army in a few turns. But, he said that there were so many dreadnoughts that the enemy usually couldn't shoot at them all, much less destroy them all.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yu can do that as long it isnt a tourney and it is a friendly game. u ahve to pick on specific army.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

at 2000pts one is allowed to use a detachment which can be either a warengine detachment or a FoC from another army

but this can only be done in a friendly game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Wouldn&#39;t the Space Wolves need 2 HQ&#39;s for 1000 points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

no, they nedd an Hq for every 750 pts they pay, 1 at 750, 2 at 1500 and on and on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Fractions don&#39;t count? I thought you rounded up (so anything over 750 but under 1500 still counts as 1500 for HQ purposes). I&#39;m probably completely wrong, but hey, learning experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on the army but I think it would do fairly well, considering that his whole army is pretty much is immune to your troops. Every thing from Str 6 down is pretty much null vs that army. But your right dreads still do fall fast to like a Lascannon, and my DE army would have this list wiped out probally by like turn 3 you don&#39;t last all that long vs around 13-18 DL&#39;s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dreachon@Jun 17 2004, 14:11
    no, they nedd an Hq for every 750 pts they pay, 1 at 750, 2 at 1500 and on and on
    You&#39;re mistaken. They require one HQ per 750 points rounding fractions up. So at 751 (which is 1.00133) you round up to two HQs. So yes mEGALOMANIAC, they do require two HQs at 1000 points.

As far as the original question, if the players allow two or more force organizations to be used, they set the rules for what armies may be used. If you want to mix Bugs and Thugs (Tyranid and Orks) then its up to the players.

As far as the point requirements, there is no set point amount. The only requirement is that all force organization charts MUST take the minimum selections. The BBB recommends about 2000 points, but it&#39;s up to the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dreachon@Jun 17 2004, 14:11
    You&#39;re mistaken. They require one HQ per 750 points rounding fractions up. So at 751 (which is 1.00133) you round up to two HQs. 1 HQ from 1 - 750, 2 HQs at 751 - 1500, etc. So yes mEGALOMANIAC, they do require two HQs at 1000 points. Using the above formula, I could field a SW army with 749 points and no HQ.

As far as the original question, if the players allow two or more force organizations to be used, they set the rules for what armies may be used. If you want to mix Bugs and Thugs (Tyranid and Orks) then its up to the players.

As to the point requirements for using multiple FoCs, there is no set point amount. The only requirement is that all force organization charts MUST take the minimum selections. The BBB recommends about 2000 points, but it&#39;s up to the players.

Closed Thread