Infantry-based Imperial Guard Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use my tanks alot. They get boring. So here's a list using mostly infantry (with one Sentinel.) I think this is a good army. Give me some feedback, people. Positive or negative, I don't care, give me something.

Regimental Doctrines: Sharpshooters, Ogryn Squads, Grenadiers, Drop Troops, Special Weapon Teams.

HQ

Command Platoon
    -Command Section, led by a Heroid Senior Officer (Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, Carapace Armor, Auspex.) Veteran Guardsman: Medic (Laspistol, Chainsword.) Guardsmen: Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun, Flamer. [144]

-Special Weapon Team. (Lasrifles, Melta Bombs, 1 Demolision Charge.) [75]

Elites

Ogryn Squad. Five Ogryns, one upgraded to a Bone 'ead. [135]

Troops

Infantry Platoon, consisting of: Command Section and four Infantry Squads.
    -Command Section, led by Lieutenant (Bolter.) Guardsmen: Grenade Launchers. Sharpshooters. [83]
    -Infantry Squad, led by a Veteran Sergeant (Bolter.) Autocannon, Grenade Launcher . Sharpshooters. [101]
    -Infantry Squad, led by a Veteran Sergeant (Bolter.) Autocannon, Grenade Launcher . Sharpshooters. [101]
    -Infantry Squad, led by a Veteran Sergeant (Bolter.) Meltagun. Sharpshooters. [87]
    -Infantry Squad, led by a Veteran Sergeant (Bolter.) Meltagun. Sharpshooters. [87]

Grenadier Squad. 10 Stormtroopers, led by a Veteran Sergeant. Grenade Launcher, Plasma Gun. (11

Fast Attack

Catachan Pattern Sentinel. Improved Comms. [60]

999 total.

Here's a run-through of each of my choices...

The command section is the same one I always use. I always give the Officer the same gear, and there's always a Medic and a Flamer. I changed my usual Meltaguns to Plasma Guns to use the new rapid firing.

The special weapon team should be able to kill a tank should the need arise. I doubt anybody would see it coming. And if they get killed, oh well, I'm out 75 points. Not too big of a loss. At least they'll have drawn some fire.

The Ogryns, well, I couldn't build a foot-slogging Guard list without them. They've done alot for me in the past, from soaking up Shuriken fire to killing Great Unclean Ones. They have to be there.

My Platoon command is fun to use. I put it in the best cover I can, and it annoys the hell out of the enemy every time. It's fun to watch some Tau go to extreme lengths to remove five Guardsmen, while the rest of my army avoids many squads worth of shooting.

Of the four squads, two are for ranged fire, two are for closer fire. Note that (hopefully) they are all Deep Striking, so I'll try to throw the short range squads in closer than the others. I think Veterans with Bolters are cool.

The Grenadiers are there so that I have two troops. But they do come in handy, more than just for place holding. Against armies with mass infantry, thier Hellguns are rather nice. Against Marine type armies, I'll probably just blindly charge them at the enemy or something, they aren't too effective against thick armor. No melta bombs here, that's where the Special Weapon team comes in.

The Sentinel, I just finished converting and painting a new heavy flamer for it, so I feel like fielding it. And it Deep Strikes (Doctrine.) And it has Improved Comms to help out with the other Deep Strikers.

That's all. Sorry if you don't like long explanations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost an hour of typing and no feedback? There must be nothing wrong with my list then... :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i was going to reply yesterday but my computer wouldent let me <_< . Take into consideration i&#39;m a newb so my comments are&#39;nt those of a veteran.

Unless your using the orgyn squad for fluff reasons or you just love the models{who doesent :rolleyes: }. Then I&#39;d drop them. Not being able to strike even at the same time, unless their against tau or someone very slow. Can be lethal. I&#39;d replace them with a hardened veteran squad with equipment of your preference. Or a Stormtrooper squad with a veteran sargent and a special weapon.With The extra points add another sentinal,If you can fit it in the same as your other one. Otherwise i love your army.
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/henry29.gif&quot;

I adopted a cute lil&#39; cow fetus
    from Fetusmart&#33; Hooray fetus&#33; &lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

you are lacking long range weapons, if this came up against my IW, my HB would have a field day, try to make for that by adding some range or speed whichever suits you bests of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa buddy i sense a lack of autocannons there which means a lack of long ranged weapons.........thats not good.
    I also see one flamer.......if it was me id add more flamers(heavy flamers if your catachan) other than than the lack of long ranged weapons and flamers i see nothing wrong with the list.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell do I need long range weapons for when I can Deep Strike right next to enemy squads and hit them with a Flamer?

Yeah, so I played some Dark Eldar with this list, sorta. I dropped the Special Team, ten Guardsmen, and changed the long range Guardsmen to short range Guardsmen. So I removed the Autocannons completly. I used the points I got and added in a Battle Tank for well-roundedness. Yeah, that&#39;s not a word. I don&#39;t care.

Well, everything went incredibly well. Here&#39;s the bulk of what happened...

The Battle Tank fought against a great mob of 20 or so Warriors, that were advancing on it to fire Blasters. My opponent hoped that I would shoot at something else or something, but I just shot the Warriors. They got stopped due to morale checks from many casualties.

My Command Section was given a Chimera with some points I had left over. It shot and killed two of five Scourges, causing the rest to run, eventually off the table.

One enemy Raider with 10 Wyches used Screaming Jets to Deep Strike. My Ogryns charged it, and destroyed it fairly easily. 6 Wyches died in the crash. The Ogryns proceeded to beat the faces of the Dark Eldar, as the Wych Archite failed a Shadow Field save and was instant deathed. The rest of the Wyches fell as well. I love Ogryns.

After that, he conceded the game. I didn&#39;t even bring in my 30 Guardsmen. I love Ogryns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:blink:.................oh my god that DE player has got some bad luck or something.......sounds like you beat the ***** outta him. So ummm no long range and just deepstriking well in that case i was wrong and you were right.=o.0=

P.S. autocannons would have kick some ass in that game though since you played DE and all............ 8|
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see you did so well
    &lt;img src=&quot;http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/henry29.gif&quot;

I adopted a cute lil&#39; cow fetus
    from Fetusmart&#33; Hooray fetus&#33; &lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK- Bits:

Command section -fine

Ogryn - this looks like it is a hang over from your previous army, yes I an see the point in other armies but when the bult of your force deep strikes, the ogryn loose some of their effectiveness. Not absoltley certin but I would be tempted to drop these for another storm trooper squad or another inf squad/special weapons squad

Troops: dont like the sharp shooter - it is burning points, I would do a statistical analysis of the hit advantage it gives your troops VS the number of extra hits you would get from extra troops bought by the points (remenant squad with flamer or melta perhaps?) which could end up with it in there or not

Not hugely onvinced about the Grendiers, I would be tempted, if you are gonna keep them to give the vet sgt a power weapon, but I would also be tempted to ditch them, split your platoon into 2, add another command squad and a reminants squad with the points from the grenadiers

Sentinal - Fine, you gotta love them
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I&#39;m going to drop Sharpshooters for base squads that don&#39;t have a Heavy Weapon.

Wow, I just looked at the Platoon I posted originally here. It&#39;s pretty bad. Here&#39;s a revision:

Command Section. Junior Officer: Bolter. 4 Guardsmen: Grenade Launchers. Sharpshooters. (83)
    Infantry Squad. Flamer. (67)

I was originally spending 459 on the platoon. Now it&#39;s ten men less and only 284. Much better. I&#39;ll use the 175 points I&#39;m saving on a Battle Tank or something.

And about the Grenadiers, they are there to fill a second troop choice, and so that I have some troops that can take fire better and shoot back. They are extremely effective against Dark Eldar Warriors and Tyranid Warriors with their Hell Guns. I fight those two armies often.

Closed Thread