1850 Pt Alpha Legion List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, i know this list, isnt as good as it could be, thats why im posting here, any assistance would be great, any changes, but please dont recomend any vehicles, and keep the new rules in mind (no meatshields).

Hq

Lord w/ Darkblade, bolt pistol, spikey bits demonic mutation, demonic strength, demonic esseence, furious charge, infiltrate- 156

Lieutenant w/ power weapon, bolt pistol, spikey bits, demonic strength, demonic mutation, furious charge, infiltrate- 115

Troops

Csm (13) w/ ccw and bp, furious charge and infiltrate, aspiring champion w/ demonic mutation, power fist 2 armed with plasma guns- 292

Csm (11) w/ ccw and bp, furious charge and infiltrate, aspiring champion w/ demonic mutation, power fist 1w/ meltagun- 246

Csm (9) w/ bolters and infiltrate, 1 w/ lascannon aspiring champion w/ power fist and demonic mutation- 188

Csm (9) w/ bolters and infiltrate, 1 w/ lascannon- 150

Csm (9) w/ bolters and infiltrate, 1 w/ lascannon- 150

Csm (12) 1 w/ heavy bolter, 1 w/ plasma gun, counter charge, infiltrate aspiring champion w/ power fist and demonic mutation- 257

Heavy Support

Havocs (10) 4 w/ missile launchers aspiring champion w/ power fist and demonic mutation, all csm have infiltrate and tank hunters- 298

You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your list. It is pretty balanced and solid. My concern is fighting a horde army (a recurring theme for me as Orks and Nids are common opponents). The Havoc's four missile launchers are good, and you have one heavy bolter. I would suggest trading one lascannon for another heavy bolter or maybe an autocannon. I don't understand giving the heavy bolter squad counter charge as it isn't an assault unit. Other than that it looks good.
    The fire's going out...pass me another heretic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havocs (10) 4 w/ missile launchers aspiring champion w/ power fist and demonic mutation, all csm have infiltrate and tank hunters- 298
    I would revise taking an Aspiring Champion (especially an Aspiring Champion with a Power Fist) in a Havoc squad, personally I consider it is points better spent elsewhere. Afterall, if your Havoc squad in in close combat, something has gone pear shaped.

I think the massed Bolters you have in your normal squads will go along way to help take down any massed units, so you could be OK on the horde aspect of it. Perhaps you should also look at the Power Fist wielding champion in your non-close combat squads, perhaps you could spend these points on a few extra marines. However, its your call, if, through your experience you have found that the extra Power Fists come in handy, by all means keep them. They certainly will not do any harm .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blah! Another all infiltrate alpha legion army? Deja vu...
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, thats what alpha legion tends to do, infiltrate. Its just so i can get some choice terrain at the start of the game. Thats like saying ANOTHER KHORNE ARMY GEARED TOWARD CLOSE COMBAT?!?!? or ANOTHER IRON WARRIOR ARMY GEARED TOWARD SHOOTING!?!?!?
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

i agree with haggismaen,

you should probably take the power fist out of the havok squad and put them in one of the regular troop squads since they will most likely be getting closer to the enemy than the havocs.

This is just my opinion though
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe an autocannon. I don't understand giving the heavy bolter squad counter charge
    Well this squad is going to bear the brunt of the charge from the first assault unit to break past my hq squads and get into close combat with my firing squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, that makes sense. My concern is the squad was only meant to hold terrain and provided fire support. Counter charge would be silly for such a unit. An Alpha Legion army that doesn't infiltrate is not an Alpha Legion army.
    The fire's going out...pass me another heretic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, thats what alpha legion tends to do, infiltrate. Its just so i can get some choice terrain at the start of the game. Thats like saying ANOTHER KHORNE ARMY GEARED TOWARD CLOSE COMBAT?!?!? or ANOTHER IRON WARRIOR ARMY GEARED TOWARD SHOOTING!?!?!?
    Sorry dude..

I didn't think before I spoke. And I had a hangover when I wrote it..
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern is the squad was only meant to hold terrain and provided fire support. Counter charge would be silly for such a unit
    This squad is meant for more than just holding terrain and providing fire support, this squad is mainly for the ork and nid players i will face off againts (keep in mind this is for an RTT). The havoc squad unleashes its frag missiles hitting a large squad (large units of sluggas or genestealers). The squad that has counter charge (which will be close by the enemy front lines) unleashes its bolter and heavy bolter payload. Now, say this all goes as planned, maybe i successfully wipe out 2 or 3 large squads. This is the best case scenario, what if i only wipe out 1 or 2? What if they try to tie up this essential firring squad with gaunts, boyz or something of that sort? That is when conuter charge comes in. I move all of my units up 6 inches to get into contact with the enemy, this includes my souped up aspiring champion. Hopefully, we can clear out the 2 inch kill zone and free up that unit from close combat, if not, i at least hope to inflict as many casualties as possible, with the new rules, the more units actually fighting in close combat (the 2 inch kill zone) the better chance i have of winning and hopefully causing them to fail a moral check and run (and therefore be destroyed). Then ill consolodate back D6.

Closed Thread