2000 Pt Children Of Malkav - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Children of Malkav are a Dark Angels successor Chapter. Fluff coming soon!

HQ

1. Grand Master 165 pts
    -Sword of Secrets, Iron Halo, Master-crafted Plasma Pistols (the model is holding two pistols, it's just for looks), Bionics
    Command Squad 172 pts
    -Vet. Sgt. w/Power Weapon; stubborn
    -Standard Bearer w/Sacred Standard
    -Apothercary w/Narthecium
    -Marine w/meltagun
    -Marine
    Mounted in Razorback 98 pts
    -Twin-linked Lascannons, Smoke, Extra Armor

2. Interrogator-Chaplain 140 pts
    -Artificer Armor, Bionics, Jumppack

Total 557 pts

ELITES

1. Deathwing Terminator Squad 235 pts
    -Sgt. and 4 Termies

2. Dreadnaught 149 pts
    -Lascannon, Heavy Flamer on Powerfist, Smoke, Light, Extra Armor

3. Vindicare Assassin 50 pts

Total 429 pts

TROOPS

1. Tactical Squad One 195 pts
    -Vet. Sgt. w/power sword; stubborn
    -Marine with plasma cannon
    -8 Tactical Marines

2. Tactical Squad Two 201 pts
    -Vet. Sgt. w/power sword, plasma pistol; stubborn
    -Marine w/ plasma gun
    -8 Tactical Marines
    Mounted in Rhino (smoke, extra armor) 58 pts

Total 454 pts

FAST ATTACK

1. Assault Squad 170 pts
    -Vet. Sgt. w/power sword, plasma pistol; stubborn
    -4 Assault Marines

2. Ravenwing Landspeeder 95 pts
    -Multi-melta and assault cannon

Total 265 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

1. Devestator Squad 200 pts
    -Vet. Sgt. w/ bolt pistol and ccw; stubborn
    -Hvy Bolter
    -Plasma Cannon
    -Missile Launcher
    -Multi-Melta

Total 200 pts

GRAND TOTAL 1905 pts

This army is actually a work in progress. I think it's pretty well balanced as the points cost of the differnet catagories are fairly even. I want to add another Rhino and fill out the Devestator Squad a little more, but don't have the $$ to do it right now. I'll let you know how it turns out! As if anyone cared!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even a SINGLE comment..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably none because you added in that lil "as if anyone cared!" thing.
    Your army list hasnt been commented on either cos it has no spark. its got all the obvious choices and nothing anyone can correct or suggest will make it any better. My only though on it is that you'd be rooted if an assault based army got in the thick of it with you cos you have no backup plan, so specially trained assault monkies just itching to frag dat CSM commander with jump pack and lightning claws. your army as it is would simply stand and fire at anything and everything that came against it. I can tell you now it would be crazy boring to play against. have you considered a Ravenwing army instead? then at least you could utelize a mobile battleline so the assault armies never even reach your ever moving, ever fluid lines
    Maireann croĆ* Ć©adrom i bhfad - A light heart lives longest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comment at the end was a self-referential statement concerning my pessimistic outlook on life and my place in it; in short, sarcastic humor. Anyway, your problems with my list seem kind of trivial and in some cases stupid.

1. Tell me how the way I set up my tactical squads and commmanders are 'obvious choices'. And how is a Vindicare Assassin obvious? I've never seen anyone else field one save on Blood Angels player I teamed up with in my first game.

2. An army list isn't a plan, twit. It's an army list. You base it around an idea and make a plan once you know the mission, terrain, and opposing army. Tell me how an assault army, once it has run across the board and been at least wounded by heavy weapons will easily defeat a Dreadnaught, a souped up Command Squad, an Interrogator-Chaplain, Assault Marines, and two Tac Squads with Vets and power weapons? This isn't just a 'sit back and shoot' army as you seem to think. Tac Squad One if for shooting, but Two is mounted in a Rhino and has no heavy weapon for a reason.

3. I find armies that simply try to send a bunch of blood-crazed lunatics charging at my lines 'crazy boring' as well. And besides, I don't just play 'kill 'em all' scenarios. There are these neat little things called 'missions' and I tend to use them.

4. How is Ravenwing unpredictable again? A couple of guys on light vehicles who are probably going to be more vastly outnumbered than regular Marines with NO assault troops to speak of. Maybe a Chaplain on a bike, but bikers don't do well in assuaults despite their higher toughness. And that's from experience, not speculation. The Landspeeder, Rhino, Assault Troops, and Razorback create a mobile force, and hence a mobile line. There are only two units in the army DEDICATED to standing back and shooting: Tac Squad One and the Devastators. The rest are ment to stay mobile, grab board corners or objectives, or reinforce sagging battlelines.

Anyway, anyone with useful commentary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Well it seems fairly well balanced to me but then again i am not very good at picking armies and winning battles. The only thing i would change if it was me is increase the assult squad to ten men for the extra attacks and get a predator or a whirlwind for extra fire support. But saying that i would be fairly happy if that was my army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said the army wasnt balanced, but its not combat orientated.
    I also never said that assault based armies arent boring either. whta i was trying to get across is that you need something in the list that deviates from the norm, something that makes your army a little unique and not so bland and obvious. Obvious like a vindicare stuck in a bunker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and btw - vindicare assassins are not 50 points. theyre 110 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I was going by the 3rd Edition rulebook. Is the points cost from Codex: Assassins? I can't find that anywhere!

Also, Draegeth, I didn't mean to get so defensive. I was just trying to post an army that I had used a bit and was planning on using a lot more and I felt kind of attacked! I don't have very much 'flashy' stuff cuz I don't trust it. I prefer more standard stuff and rely a lot on rank and file to get the job done. And with thousands of other armies out there, it's hard as hell to be original; most of my originality is in my fluff anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got that pointage out of Dameonhunters, cos thats overuled codex assassins now.
    I guess i was attacking a tad, or at least wasnt choosing my words sensibly. Im touchy about armies cos of having dealt with so many kids with identicle armies that I tend to go a bit overboard with demanding more thought in armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I checked in Demonhunters. It actually made the Vindicare more useful and deadly than he was, even if it does cost over twice the points. I'll have to revamp my list a bit, both to correct the cost of the Assassin and to add in a Vet. Squad that I'm about to finish.

Closed Thread