1500 Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 1500 Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctrines
    Allow Rough Riders
    Regimental Organisation: Drop Troops
    Skills and Drills: Close Order Drill
    Special Equipment: Cameleoline
    Allow Special Weapon Squads

Command Platoon (HQ) @ 191 Pts

3 Command Squad @ [101] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns (x2)

1 Junior Officer
    Honorifica Imperialis

1 Veteran
    Lasgun; Standard Bearer

6 Special Weapons Teams #1 @ [45] Pts
    Lasguns (x6); Demolition Charge

6 Special Weapons Teams #2 @ [45] Pts
    Lasguns (x6); Demolition Charge

Infantry Platoon (Troops) @ 335 Pts

4 Command Squad @ [50] Pts
    Heavy Bolter; Lasguns (x3)

1 Junior Officer

9 Infantry Squad #1 @ [95] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns; Cameleoline

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

9 Infantry Squad @ [95] Pts

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

Infantry Platoon (Troops) @ 335 Pts

4 Command Squad @ [50] Pts
    Heavy Bolter; Lasguns (x3)

1 Junior Officer

9 Infantry Squad #1 @ [95] Pts

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

8 Rough Riders (Fast Attack) @ 88 Pts
    Hunting Lances

8 Rough Riders (Fast Attack) @ 88 Pts
    Hunting Lances

1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (Heavy Support) @ 145 Pts
    Battle Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

1 Leman Russ Demolisher (Heavy Support) @ 175 Pts
    Demolisher Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter; Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Models in Army: 106

Total Army Cost: 1502

12%HQ
    44%Troops
    11%FA
    30%Heavy
    1%equipment

Overall, I like where I'm going so far. I want plenty of bodies, and definitly 3 Russ chasis (though the specific variant is optional.)

Is it too many las cannons? Part of my says get some Ml/Auto cannons, but then again, its only 7 BS3 las. I dunno, I have no experience with them yet

Is there anyway to fit in some sentinals? I like the units, but I don't know where to put them. Maybe drop 2 las squads and add some Multi Laser ones?

Cameleoline seems really good to me, thats a lot of bodies with 4+ cover in forests to shoot through (I always play with lots of terrain, even when i play shooty armies)

The drop troops is currently there for the fun of the special weapons squads .

So, thats what i have so far. Any comments/suggestions/whatever is appreciated.

<span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im a nids player but that looks balanced to me im not sure though looks like it would give any CC army a run for their money.You might want to have some sort of troop that can stand CC to sit in front so your shooty troops dont get massacred in the front lines right away.

Overall it will hold its own on all armies pretty well but might have trouble vs another shooty army like Tau. Well then again how would i know im a nids player
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that Special Equipment Doctrines must be applied to everyone&#33; You didn’t put Cameleoline on any of your Command Platoon, nor your Command Squad in your Infantry Platoons, and nor you Rough Riders. That adds an extra 70 points to your total, so if you really want Cameleoline, you’d better lose something… maybe one of the Rough Rider squads?

The Drop Troops Doctrine seems pointless. True, you don’t have any forces that can Deep Strike normally, but the only ones that will benefit is your Infantry Platoons, who are not best suited to Deep Striking. Lose that and get Iron Discipline instead.

With the Demo Charges it looks like you’re trying to get your Command Platoon into combat (against vehicles probably). That being the case, the Lascannon is a waste (if you’re moving/assaulting you can’t use it). Drop it and get either a Regimental Standard Bearer or a couple of Meltaguns.
    _________
    Don&#39;t blame me; I&#39;m just telling it like it is. Blame GW if you really want to blame somebody.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

id drop the rough riders they arnt very useful compared to other fast attack id drp them and take the sentinals if they are catachan patern they can gove most cc units a good run for their points and can give a nasty counter charge into the enamy neer the end

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats alot of lascannons probly makes all tanks think twice before they come into the open............Yeah um your 70 points over 1500 since you have cameleoline and whats up with the demo charges unless your planning to assualt a tank or something then id change that to something more usefull.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn&#39;t realize that about cameleoline. I guess I&#39;ll drop that then, thats 60 points saved (and it only applies to guard infantry, so it wouldnt go on the RR anyway). hmmm, what to do?

edit: well, heres a mechanized list:

Doctrines
    Regimental Organisation: Mechanised [0]
    Skills and Drills: Close Order Drill [0]

Command Platoon (HQ) @ 175 Pts

4 Command Squad @ [175] Pts
    Meltagun (x4)

1 Junior Officer
    Plasma Pistol

1 Chimera
    Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Bolter

Infantry Platoon (Troops) @ 690 Pts

4 Command Squad @ [180] Pts
    Meltagun (x4)

1 Junior Officer
    Plasma Pistol

1 Chimera
    Extra Armour [5]

9 Infantry Squad #1 @ [170] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Chimera

9 Infantry Squad @ [170] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Chimera

9 Infantry Squad @ [170] Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Chimera

9 Armoured Fist Squad (Troops) @ 170 Pts
    Lascannon; Lasguns

1 Sergeant
    Lasgun

1 Chimera

1 Leman Russ Demolisher (Heavy Support) @ 175 Pts
    Demolisher Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter; Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Models in Army: 59

Total Army Cost: 1500
    <span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here&#39;s a suggestion, 4 meltaguns is excessive for killing a tank, 2 should suffice in 90 percent of cases. drop the PP&#39;s on each JO, give him a meltabomb and Bolter or krak grenades to the squad boys if you feel generous. PP&#39;s are nice for anti high-save squads such as a 3xPlasma+Medic, not so much for tank busters, With that 50 points you can grab a nice autocannon sentinel to walk around and shoot enemy transports from the side. I like the list though, it&#39;s very points efficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, this is a pretty poor army IMO. You’ve got hardly any troops (a common problem with mechanized armies) and those you do have won’t last five minutes.

You’ve got two options:

1. Stand and shoot. In this scenario, what’s the point in being mechanized? You’ll have less firepower (twice over) and big targets (the Chimeras, which also have very limited firepower) for your opponent. You’ll be outnumbered by every other army and either get slaughtered in CC (see below) or by enemy firepower.

2. Assault. In this scenario, chances are you won’t get to the enemy because your Chimeras are so undefended (where’s the Extra Armour? Or Smoke Launchers? Or Track Guards?)

And if you do get to the opposing army’s front lines you’ll be slaughtered (especially with the new 4th edition no assaulting from moving vehicle rules). Close Order Drill won’t help you survive (it helps IG repel attacks, not launch them) and will make your units a very tempting target for area effect weapons (flamers, anyone?). You have given your Sergeants lasguns, so no one in your army (save your weak Officers) have CCWs&#33; The highest Leadership you have is 8&#33; Even with the COD benefit your troops are going to break and run in no time.

Added to all that, with only one Infantry Platoon you could be shafted if it comes to Reserves. And you have no Fast Attack choices, which is okay, but I just feel it’s very unwise in a mechanized army. After all, if you’re assaulting then a Hellhound is invaluable (and it works really well as a distraction too). And Sentinels not only make excellent tankhunters/troop-suppressors/distractions, they also enable you to get the jump on any opponent with their bonus move.

Rework the list to add in more troops, add in some better doctrines, get some Elites and Fast Attack choices, up your Officers. Then you might have a workable army.
    _________
    Don&#39;t blame me; I&#39;m just telling it like it is. Blame GW if you really want to blame somebody.

Closed Thread