How did you choose you army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you choose you army?

How did you choose you army?

Been out of 40k for a while for 1 reason or another, i wanted to know how you guys picked your army, before i stopped i played marines and was moving into guard as id lost any interest in marines but since the new rules and me starting to get back into it guard dont seem as good as i first thought and with rumours sayin that doctrines are being taken out i dont really want to buy stuff then when the new codex comes out find i dont like how the army works anymore. being short on cash is a problem especially when most of the money coming in goes towards driving lessons and such.

I go to a local gaming club a few times a week where we are pretty lax with models so i have managed to borrow a couple of peoples armies just for a quick game now and then, just to relearn how to play with the new rules and such but there are limits to how i can use other peolpes armies

so how did you guys choose your army?

Thanks CADIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I selected Tau because a friend of mine was selling his for a really low price. I also liked the look of their armies, and how they played. I started up Orks a while after because I bought some Orks from my friends when they got the Assault on Black Reach set for cheap and I decided I liked Orks as well. (I pick cheap armies. )

Green Tide: 4000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Affordability is a huge decision maker, and I wanted something that would be fun to both build and play. I went with orks because of Black reach, though I guess marines can fit the same bill. However, I should point out that I quickly wanted to fill out my army and ended up buying a lot more orks, so orks being cheaper isn't a valid reason.

Space Marines, especially ultramarines, are dirt cheap though because of black reach, and the new codex gives some great options. They can get massively expensive though if you start adding transports and such (Shoot, a rhino or drop pod is practically a dollar per point!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Tau because I can get a 160 point Hammerhead for $30 or so. (MiniWarGaming sale)

Green Tide: 4000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Dark eldar are pretty good value for £$, they're generally pretty cheap on ebay and the such.

I also LOVED the jetbike model when I started them, and still do! They left so many options open with conversions etc. that modelling them has been a real pleasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I choose my armies because of the models. That is why I own alot of models with several viable forces. SM (All flavors), Tau, IG, Eldar, Orks. I have been playing a long time and just go with what catches my eye. The army list is an after thought,
    I really need to be painting right now.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was walking down the isle down my gameing store (may it rest in peace) and thought... i dont wanna play space marines (as it took up about 1/3ed the shelf and i dislike popular choices) saw a box of fire warriors and thought. hey... that looks cool.
    Fear the Fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was originally going to go with SM but after going to the local GW on a games night seeing a ton of shelf space for them. Also a few players with them they seem too commen. So i asked a redshirt which army is the least played in the club said a couple including Dark Eldar and i like the story and the models.

So there ya go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i choose my armies based on three criteria

1. Great looking models that i know i'll have fun painting.
    2. Unique playstyle/rules that i know i'd hav fun playing with
    3. Not space marines... (see reason 2)

im inclined to go toward a more unique army, being one that has an understated or cult status, its not only fun to play with an unusual list but opponents tend to like a chalenge that isnt based around an meq stat line...not saying that theres anything wrong with marines but being so overplayed just seems to make'em a bit less special which in turn makes the less played armies more special and interesting to collect.
    Order of the Wild Rose - gettin' pawned since 2008,
    Callidus assassins current top score - 205 pts (silly terminators)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I wanted an organic army that wasn't *too* gun based, looked cool and that could be an excellent Kamikaze.

So I chose Tyranids.

Tyranids: Because All Game Types are a Buffet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast