Army Of Assassins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Army Of Assassins

Assassins! They are so cool. Quick, agile and skilful.

40k has several skilled assassins but I want to take it to a new level, I want to make an army based on assassins. A convert ops group of mercenaries that sell their skills to the highest bidder why wipe out a commander or general when you can wipe out the whole army. Anyway you get the idea.

My only question is what army could I use for such a project?

Witch-Hunters: They have all of the nasty assassin and Argo-flagellants?

Deamons: ‘Slaanesh’ Appear kill everything then vanish?
    Space Marine Scouts: If it weren’t for their lowered skills they’d be a good choice?
    Dark Eldar Wych Army: Perfect except Wyches don’t last long in 5th edition, perhaps wait for the new codex to come out next year?
    Eldar: They have a few fast units?
    Tyranid Genestealer Army: A weird choice I know but they’re fast, skilled and powerful?

Anyone have any thoughts to kick start my idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

well assassins are not very competitive, since warhammer is meant to be a large scale battle.

In any case, you can use a Last Chancer Army with Daemonhunter inquisitors. If you rename/rewrite the fluff the last chancers can turn into a very well drilled mercenary group with good equipment (they can form a very good base troop choice) you can then add a daemon hunter inquisitor, this gives you access to daemon hosts (they are basically assassins) death cult assassins, and maybe a Culexus assassin.

its a cool army idea as long as you keep it low point cost. The army will give you lots of conversion choices
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DH or WH

with an =][= led army you could field 9 death cult assasins and 1 special assasin

i think 3 x elite slots which allow for 3 in each slot plus callidus or such.

giving you around 500 pts plus =][= and ret for an extra 200pts = 700 pts

10 seperate units (kill points) in assasins

(some madness if u go W.Hunters)
    now add some stormies and steal their vehicles to transport your guys if you dont want to infiltrate....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

last chancers, dh psycannon inquisitor lord, assassin.

alternately, eldar. all-aspect army, led by autarch. 2x avengers, 1x banshees, 1x scorpions, 1x fragons, falcons and serpents as needed.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Definitely Dark Eldar Most Assassin type army out there, must be...

Or potentially... hmm, if youre willing to ignore the codex a bit and have units of 1 models, maybe Nids? The vast range of upgrades available can make the little dudes quite nasty in a 1 on 1 scenario i think lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The harlies are all essintially assisin types ...sneaking around (roll to see) and rending...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey nut View Post
    with an =][= led army you could field 9 death cult assasins and 1 special assasin

i think 3 x elite slots which allow for 3 in each slot plus callidus or such.

giving you around 500 pts plus =][= and ret for an extra 200pts = 700 pts

10 seperate units (kill points) in assasins

(some madness if u go W.Hunters)
    now add some stormies and steal their vehicles to transport your guys if you dont want to infiltrate....
    1-3 DC Assassins per Elites choice, and you can take one Officio Assassinorum operative as another Elites choice. Thus, you can field at most 9 DC Assassins, or 6 DC Assassins and one Temple Assassin. That is assuming you take a Inq Lord, who's an HQ choice, instead of a regular Inq, who would be another Elites choice.

Note that Arco-Flagellants are also Elites choices.
    No.

+ Reply to Thread