1500 Pt. Tau Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...I'm finally starting one...I hate to say it, but I love the little blue guys. Here goes nothing...

HQ
    Shas'o @ 132
    Missile pod
    Plasma Rifle
    Shield generator
    HW Multi-tracker

Elites
    3 Crisis Battlesuits @ 215
    3 Plasma rifles
    3 Missile pods
    3 Multi-trackers
    Shas'vre
    Bonded

6 Stealthsuits @ 190
    Bonded

Troops
    12 Fire Warriors @ 162
    Pulse carbine (3)
    Shas'ui
    HW drone controller
    2 Gun Drones
    Bonded

12 Fire Warriors @ 162
    Pulse carbine (3)
    Shas'ui
    HW drone controller
    2 gun drones
    Bonded

12 Fire Warriors @ 162
    Pulse carbine (3)
    Shas'ui
    HW drone controller
    2 gun drones
    Bonded

12 Kroot Carnivores @ 84

Heavy Support
    3 Broadside Battlesuits @ 235
    Shas'vre
    Target Lock
    Bonded

Hammerhead Gunship @ 160
    Railgun
    Multi-tracker
    Targeting array

Here's the tactic as I envision it. The Broadsides park WAY behind the FWs and proceed to blast any significant threats. The FW's are set up like this (each slash or underscore represents a squad): \_/. The Hammerhead goes around stalking armored targets. The FW's sit and shoot until the enemy is in carbine range, with the Kroot on one flank. Then they fire 9 carbine shots into the enemy's assault (we're assuming a frontal assault), hopefully pinning them. The center and the flank closest to the Kroot then peel off, firing. The unguarded flank then lets the enemy get closer, rapid firing their rifles into them, still pinning them with the carbines and destroying a helluva lot. The Kroot then charge in, stalling long enough for the squad in danger of being assaulted to run the hell away. After being shot up that much and being charged by Kroot, even if they win the assault, they're probably still pretty crapped up, and thus can be annihilated by either the Crisis Suits, Submunitions from the Hammerhead (if they're light troops) or shooting from whatever FW's are around. It really won't go like that, but you get the basic idea. Sit, shoot, run away if they manage to get close, countercharge w/ Kroot, lather, rinse reapeat.

EDIT:
    The list now comes to 1502. I'm not gonna be playing in tournaments, and if I ever DO play in one, I'll be adding points to what I have right now (a Pathfinder squad in a Devilfish with Seeker Missiles, upgrade a Stealthsuit to Shas'vre status, giving him and the FW Shas'ui markerlights.), so going a little over is ok. I'll post the 1850 point list later in a second.

OMFG1337!!!!111one

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, this is me being a bit nitpicky. Your Shas'O is overexposed and under-utilized. The way you have him, he's a specialized tank hunter, you already have three broadsides, and a Hammerhead doing that. Further, if you drops the drones and use the points elsewhere, he become and independent character, easier to protect by preventing your enemy from shooting at him. I would suggest either dropping the gun drones and picking up a plasma rifle or some other weapon replacing the fusion blaster. Also, I like to upgrade my broadsides to have a commander. The commander has a target lock so that he can choose to shoot at a single target, if it dies, the rest of my unit shoots at something else, if not, they finish it off. That way you don't waste so many shots. However, you have Multi-trackers on your's, which I have never really utilized the SMS on the Broadsides, maybe you can, but I might suggest trying on target locks for two of them, tailor the third in some other way letting it shoot first.

Anyways, thats just my suggestions on tailoring your equipment choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...actual...constructive criticism...woah! I'll make those changes soon. Thanks! Keep replying, everyone!
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Closed Thread