Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
(Repost from general hobby board.)
What's up guys? Future 40k player here trying to figure out which army is for me.
I've been checking out the site here, and the GW site, gathering info.
After reading up a bit, I'm certain that I want to go with an assault heavy army.
I'm looking for some thing that has good mobility and damage output. Pretty much something that moves fast and hits hard.
I just wanna get into assault as fast as possible and destroy my opponent. I'm talkin just straight up murder. I wanna blow thru em like nothin, just boom, dead, done.
You guys feeling me hear?
Sooooo what army do you guys think fits the bill here? There are just so many options, it's kind of overwhelming for a new player to sort thru it all.
Any info you guys can shoot my way would be awesome. The sooner I hear from you, the sooner i can start tearing my foes asunder. Bwhahaha!!!
You just described Dark Eldar... They come from nowhere, hit like a tone of bricks and vanish! They are a bit flimsy but if nothing is left to shoot you then why would you need armor? Hope this helps.
Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
Meet My Autarch
i can think of 3 armies that you have described
first would be Blood Angels
- they can take Assault Marines as troops (these can be fitted with jetpacks for super mobility or take drop pods to land where you want to.
- they have the Death Company which are even more killy in CC (not sure if they get jetpacks but you can give them a Rhino)
- they have the Baal Pred with twin-linked assault cannons
the second would be a Khorne Bezerker army (Chaos Space Marines).
- lots of blood hungry Bezerkers that can be taken as troops with extra str and an extra attack (can be taken in squads up to 20 or you can get 10 and a Rhino)
- Demon Princes are monsters in CC
- Demon weapon is nasty with a possible 17 attacks on the charge, although you do have greater chances of killing yourself
- they have Kharn who likes to slaughter everything, even your own troops
- the Defiler, like a dread but controlable has the opton for 4x close combat weapons plus its battlecannon, or you can make it a mobile weapons platform
the third would be Tyranids
- lots of bugs(you will outnumber your opponent atleast 2:1) with fleet (you can do a whole army with fleet)
- Genestealers have rending attacks
- the Tyrant is big and scary and you can make it fly
- synapse allows all of your bugs within range to be immune to instant death
May the "Nurgley Goodness" protect you!
Orks. Run up, hit the "WAAAGH!" button, charge 'em, and you're done.
Dark Eldar also sound good for you, though that's a little less "Charge 'em!" and a little more "Go up here, maneuver around here, stop behind this terrain piece, fly over, disembark and CHARGE!"