Beil-tan Eldar 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Any commnets/suggestions are very welcome, this list is for fighting against Imperial Guard:

HQ: 125

Farseer: 125
    Farseer
    Eldar Jetbike
    Eldritch Storm
    Witchblade

This guy can deal with my biggest worry; tanks. He is fast, can use Eldritch Storm to spin them round to (hopefully) reveal a weaker side, and had strength nine against vehicles! He can also use Eldritch Storm on the infantry 'cuase Guard Infantry generally have poor-to-medium saving throws, and it wounds them all on a 4+!

Elites: 352

Great Harlequin: 136
    Great Harlequin
    Eldar Jetbike
    Shuriken Pistol
    Bio-Explosive Ammo
    D-Field
    Power Weapon

The main reason I took this guy was because I think he will look cool (especially with a new jetbike canopy! (see the canopy here) He is quite good in close combat with 4 power weapon attacks, and he is hit on 6's. My main worry is his pistol, if the enemy fail their morale check (due to the pistols special effects) it may leave him high and dry in the assault phase.

Rangers: 133
    Rangers (x7)

To pin units, and to disrupt his infiltraters (my opponent plays light infantry) I have a reasonably large unit so it can actually do some damage too. I will try and deploy them in ruins for a fairly juicy 3+ cover save!

Guardian Storm Squad: 83
    Storm Guardians (x10)
    Flamer

Not really sure about these. They fitted perfectly for my last 83 points. I suppose they bring up my numbers, and can be useful as a support unit for my close-combat aspect warriors. Ideally I'm looking for something faster, as these are the slowest unit in my army, everything else has a transport, can infiltrate, or moves really fast, although they can Fleet of Foot, but so can most of my army.

Troops: 697

Warp Spiders: 132
    Spiders (x6)

My opponent has taking a liking to sentinels, and due to the new rapied fire rules, these guys are pretty good at destroying them, they are also good for setting up crossfire situations, and can instant-kill most Imperial Guard characters.

Striking Scorpions: 203
    Scorpions (x
    Exarch
    Stealth
    Haywire Grenades

These guys are really good at close combat, and thats exactly why I took them! They have 3 strength 4 attacks each, and can take out tanks! At first I had them in the Falcon, but then I got some Banshees and they would be too slow without a transport, so I gave the Scorpions Stealth and the transport to the Banshees.

Howling Banshees: 117
    Banshees (x5)
    Exarch
    Power Blades

Go in the Falcon, small numbers so they can fit, tried to compensate a bit by giving them an Exarch with Powerblades so they can kill more enemies in combat before getting a retaliation from the enemy, thus reducing casualties.

Dire Avengers: 245
    Dire Avengers (x10)
    Wave Serpent
    Twin-Linked Bright Lances

I like these guys. I gave them the transport so they can get into Shuriken range quickly. I chose to put these guys in the Wave Serpent rather than the Falcon because I don't think 6 Dire Avengers is too small a squad to do enough damage.

Fast Attack: 126

Swooping Hawks: 126
    Hawks (x6)

The grenade pack will be pretty good against the Guard Infantry, and so will Lasblasters.

Heavy Support: 200

Falcon: 200
    Falcon
    Scatter Laser
    Shuriken Cannon
    Holo-Field
    Spirit Stones

Carries one of my combat units, has a lot of fire power thanks to the new vehicle firing rules, It can pump out up to 9 strength 6 attacks and 3 strength 8! Has good survivability and can deal with tanks due to the pulse laser. (and maybe the other weapons if I get lucky&#33

My army is generally fast and has ok fire power, but my real strength lies in combat, so I have to get my units there quick. My main concern with this list is the lack of models compared to my other lists. (however they are Ulthwe so are mainly composed of Guardians.)

Edit:

I think the Imperial Guard Players Doctrines are:

Light Infantry
    Drop Troops
    Hardened Fighters (the one with no negative close-combat Ld modifiers)
    Iron Will (not very sure about this one)
    (can't remember the last one, sorry&#33

You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

im they guy hes talking about and my doctrines are

light infanty
    warrior weapons
    drop troops
    close order drill
    diehards

but i dont know why im helping him :blink:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK:

1. farseer - too vulnerable on his own, he needs a bike squad to hide in

2. Great Avatar - not even sure this is legal, he is a HQ, I know you can use a solitaire cos it is an elite, but dont think you can attach a HQ like that, also I hate to pop your balloon, but I had that canopy about 15 years ago

3. The dire avengers are pointless, guardians are as effective

4. the Guardian storm squad needs a warliock with probably conceal to get it up th field

5. the banshees are a waste, take scorpions instead, IG dont have powered armour

6. the spider and scorpiuon squads need maxing in numbers and the scorpions need a wave serpent

7, the rangers are a waste - they are too expensive, points wise against IG, if you want to pin someone minimise the squad numbers

8 Hawks look good on paper but they dont cut it - too expensive, they need to go

Sorry if this sounds brutal, but if the IG player is any good he should be handing you but on a plate just about the same time the hawks arrive on the field
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I used the experimental rules ofr that Great Avatar guy, I got them on the GW site, i don&#39;t think they&#39;re the most up-to-date version

I prefer Dire Avengers over Guardians

I found Swooping Hawks to be very effective in the games i&#39;ve used them in

I think your right about the Banshees, and thos Scorpions should have a Wave Serpent.

I found that a 7 man ranger squad is actually very effective, and 3-4 man squads got killed really quickly when I plyed them against this IG player.

About that canopy, I knida guessed that some people would have it/have seen it, but ti was still worth showing in case they hadn&#39;t.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Closed Thread