2338 Point Ba Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then here is my (new) blood angel’s army list, Please Comment as much as you want! (Good or bad&#33 I did all this without looking at my codex’s so the points costs of several things may be wrong although I hope it’s all correct.

Hq: Force Commander: 60 points
    War gear: Artificer armor 10 pts, plasma pistol 15 pts, power fist 25 pts jump pack 10, terminator honors 10 pts. =130 pts
    Honor Guard: 10 man honor guard squad 180 pts, all with power wpns 100 pts, 2 with plasma pistols 10 pts, Frag grenades and melta bombs 50 pts, terminator honors 100 pts, veteran sergeant with power fist pts 37, jump packs 100 pts. = 577
    Librarian: 60 points, power weapon 15pts, artificer armor 10 pts, plasma pistol 15 pts, terminator honors 10 pts, jump pack 10 pts. = 120
    Veteran Assault squad: 10 280 pts, 2 with plasma pistols 10 pts, terminator honors 100, veteran sergeant power fist 37. = 427
    X4Tactical Squad: 5 marines 150 pts, one with flamer 6 pts, veteran sergeant with power wpn 30 pts, razorback with twin linked lazcannon and twin-linked plasma’s 85 pts. = 271 (per squad)

A GRAND TOTAL OF 2338 points…. Ok I don’t know what else to add but I would like to make this a 2500 point army. Now then my strategy for this army would be fairly straightforward, charge using the razorbacks to kill enemy vehicles and then annihilating them all in hth….
    However the main object of this army is for the force commander and honor guard and librarian to engage the enemy in hth the librarian would be an independent character but would use the force commander squad to block LOS, anyways the point of them getting into hth is this ok the honor guard alone without force commander or librarian on the charge gets a grand total of 41 power weapon attacks, then the librarian has on the charge 6 power weapon attacks and with the psychic power he has he could have up to 9 power weapon attacks, then the force commander has 6 power fist attacks and for things such as big monsters or characters the librarian would use his power on him giving him up to 9 power fist attacks! So in cc with chaos space marines assuming the honor guard alone would on average kill 10.25 chaos space marines, the librarian would kill (without his ability) 2, and the force commander (assuming the librarians ability worked and gave him maximum number of attacks) would kill on average 6 chaos space marines altogether about 20 chaos space marines in one charge! And on monsters or powerful characters the sheer weight of attacks should bring most down but if they were to fail…. Well there is always the 7-9 power fist attacks!
    Thanks for reading please tell me what you think of it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I'm one of the more milder personalities on this board, so I'm gonna flame you right away, but this is not really a very good post at all.

You want help and comments on an army that you made without reading the codex to help you with points.

It would really benefit you to look at how other people generally post their army lists here and revise it accordingly, while making sure that your points are right.

Once you do that most people will be happy to make a couple of constructive comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Me I m mild too, but:

1. your list is very dificult to read.
    2. by listing individual points for wargear you are breaching GW copyrights, instead of:

Major hero (60 points) big gun (20 points) big pointy stick (20 points), inpenetrable armour (20 points)= 120 points

try:
    Major Hero
    Big gun, Big pointy stick, Inpenetrable armour
    120 points

leave blank lines between each squad and list them in sections (HQ, Elites, Troops etc)

OK the list:

1. Blood angels shouls IMHO, always always always, take a chaplain with a jump pack as a HQ, their first choice, death company are at the heart of a BA army

2. you have Burned far too many points on your HQ, I seriously doubt you have many battles at 2345.67 points or whatever our total is, 2000 is far more likely, at 2000 points, no more than 500 should be spent on HQ, yes a tooled up honour guard is very attractive, but it is just flash, one decent template from: a defiler, a basilisk, a vindicator, a Dcannon, a monolith etc and they are no more, a quater of your army just dissapeared in one shot. Even a dev or Havoc squad with plasma cannon spells death in a single round. They are a ridiculess risk.

3. giving a HQ with a squad articifer armour is rather pointless, you are never gonna get the save, ayone shooting is gonna hit everyone else. In close combat only something really good is gonna survive long enough to hit you and they are probably gonna hit you with something that ignores armour saves.

4. I dont like the plasma istol either, he doesnt need it, his kill zone is in the assult, the plasma pistol runs teh risk of blowing up and losing one of his attacks

5. your troop points dont seem to add up, and if you are using the razorbacks for anti tank, which is good, you need to give them TL las cannon.

rough list for BA 2000 points

HQ: (rough total 220 points)
    Chaplain
    Bolt Pistol, termie honours, jump pack
    Death company (vet sgt will have power fist)
    Roughly 220 points

Troops: (rought total 1000 points)
    10 scouts
    frag, Vet Sgt, power fist and bolt pistol
    Roughly 170 points

10 scouts
    frag, Vet Sgt, power fist and bolt pistol
    Roughly 170 points

6 marines
    Vet sgt, power weapon, bolt pistol, plasma gun
    Razorback, Extra Armour, TL las cannon
    roughly 220 points

6 marines
    roughly 220 points

6 marines
    roughly 220 points

FA: (rough total 310 points)
    Assault squad
    2x plasma pistols, vet sgt, power fist, bolt pistol
    roughly 310 points

HS: (rough total 360 points)
    Whirlwind
    Roughly 100 points

Pred Annih
    Las cannon sponson, Extra armour
    roughly 140 points

Vindicator
    Extra armour
    Very roughly 120 points?

Roughly over 1900 points, I would add a couple of attack bikes as fillers, if you want to take it higher, add a sanguinary high priest wot accompany the assult squad.

this gives you shooting:

2 razorbacks, a pred, a vindi and the whirlwind

plus on turn 2, 20 Infiltrated scouts (that is 62 attacks on the charge), death company with the chaplain and the assult squad all assulting

on turn 3 a further 3 6 man marine squads join in the charge

The army can be further tuned depending on who you are fighting
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Closed Thread