Help Refining Tourney Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Hello all!!

I am new to this forum and I really would appreciate any advice anyone would give me concerning the following army list I am taking to a local 40k tournament. From all the rumors that I've heard around the shop, I will be facing off against the following armies at 1850 points:

Imperial Guard (2 seperate players with armies)
    Orks(1 player)
    Necrons(1 player)
    Tau(1 player)
    Space Marines(1 player)
    Chaos Marines(1 player) other than myself

For these battles I am bringing 1850 points of chaos as follows:

chaos lord with combi bolter, chain fist, terminator armor,demon essence, demon strength, demon mutation
    3 Obliterators
    10 khorne berserkers w/khornate chainaxe
    5 raptors (3 w/flamers)
    15 chaos marines w/bolt pistol and ccw
    15 chaos marines w/bolt pistol and ccw
    10 chaos marines (9 w/bolters 1/lasgun)
    10 chaos marines (9 w/bolters 1/lasgun) mounted in-
    Rhino w/havoc launcher
    defiler w/twin linked bolters and heavy flamer
    dreadnought w/plasma cannon

It looks pretty good to me but I have only been playing for about a year and only against my friends ork army (about 8wins 1 loss<he had a gargant when he beat me he said the damn thing got 3d6 for saves vs shooting weapons and if any of the 3 dice was 4 or over the shot bounces off its shields&#33; I&#39;m still pretty unsure about THAT rule but whatever, a loss is a loss right?>)
    Anyway I digress. Which army from the above list should I worry about most? Thoughts please. Help please. All input is appreciated. By the way, the tourney is in 48 hours so I don&#39;t have much time. Did I mention it&#39;s my first tourney?
    Thanks in advance to all replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t think the heavy flamer on the Defiler will be that useful; Havoc Launchers are lots better in my opinion.

I&#39;d suggest mabye, mabye drop the Raptors and get a squad of Havocs.

And mabye a Predator Annihilator as well, for more versatility.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

The thing about the heavy flamer is that I got the rhino from ebay and had to use the havoc launcher that came with the defiler to put on the rhino. I should have made sure the model had all its parts before bidding(doh&#33 Havocs would be cool but that would mean pulling the lasguns from the squads, would heavy bolters be a better choice for the squads if I made a 2 lasgun 1 rocket launcher havoc squad? Also I don&#39;t have a predator, but do you think they are valuable enough to in battle to be worth saving for one for the next tourney? also would it be worth adding aspiring champs anywhere?

Closed Thread