Help Killing Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope you guys can help me with this!

ok so the other day me and a friend decided to play a battle with my space wolves versus his iron warriors. i thought it was goin to be easy but i was way wrong.

i don't think ive ever seen so many lascannons in my life.

i pretty much got shot to shreads and i was destroyed in 4turns.

well i was wondering i you guys could help me make an army list with my space wolves against iron warriors

it will be around 1250points and we will propably play this friday i really need help with this army list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, I can't give you a list, but I can tell you some choices to take.
    First of all take a squad of wolf scouts with plasma weapons and melta-bombs. These will be good at taking out his tanks. They probably won't live long, but they will hopefully do their job. You might want a squad of Long Fangs to take out some targets if the scouts fail and to giv some covering fire.
    Secondly, take a lot troops so even if you take losses you can crush him in hand to hand. Also have each squad have a power weapon.
    What stuff is your friend useing anyway? That could give me some better ideas.
    Hopefully I helped a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he usually does not take tanks but mainly uses lots of heavy weapons, a couple squads of havocs and usually a heavy weapon in each troop squad, he may be using a deamon prince or it could be a lord most likely a lord for this battle he will most likley use chosen but he mainly uses lots of heavy weapons, he could also be usingobliterators but he will most likely keep them in back so my scouts can off them easily

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here's a tip from an Iron warrior...
    Go for long fangs with plasmacannons.
    The blast template and high armour penetration will make short work of opposing marines.
    Include some lascannons to make sure you got the range to retaliate unfortunant lasbolts that get to your lines.
    Does he use inderect fire basilisk or something?
    If so, avoid measuring long distances on the board as this will only help him get his guessing right.
    Keer your squads in motion, a moving target is harder to hit with inderect than a stationary one.
    Have fast moving assault armed marines, make them hug the terrain and move around the terrain and when possible charge into his firesquads.
    Never say yes if he want's to play bunker assault!
    Avoid having to many vehicles, they are jucy targets for lascannons.
    Obliterators are something out of a nightmare, keep out of their range, shoot when possible and assault them with power weapon armed marines.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thanks dragonslayero i also have anoither question should i use any tanks i am thinking that rhinos might be a bad choice but should i use like a whirlwind or predator or something like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't use tanks, they will probably get blown up in the first turn if he does use a lot of lascannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about dreadnaughts or will they be shot up pretty bad too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most likely, but if you do get tanks or dreads put them in trees so he will only get glancing hits on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i was thinking that i am going to mainly focus on blood claws 15guys in a squad with 3 powrweapons in each squad do a couple of those, then include my grey hunter with 10 guys in the squad with bolters and cc weapons, and then have maybe 2 squads of long fangs with plasma cannons and a lascannon or two, i will then put the grey hunters in front of them just as a sort of meat sheald, a squad of scouts thghat will come in behind enemy lines just so i can mess with any obliterators he may have hiding back there or in the case of a basilisk i will most likely be able to destroy it with the scouts

there are only a couple worries i have about this list is that the long fangs are expensive and if i should keep them and if or if not to use a ven dread? please help a little more guys

Closed Thread