500 Pt Worldeaters Vs Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, last night, i accedently gave him 70 x-tra points, needless to say, his 8! plasma guns ripped my ass into ribbons, my lord finally reached his line with one wound left, wiped one of his havok squads out in one swipe, but then the other one avenged there death. if only i would have left one of his men alive i'd still be in cc, and all he woulda been able to do is charge me. and that never works in his favor.

here's the list i try tonight:
    WORLDEATERS LEGION
    TROOPS
    2X5 BERZERKERS
    MARK OF KHORNE
    X10 KHORNATE CHAINAXES
    200 PTS

HEAVY
    DEFILER
    FLAMER UPGRADED TO HAVOK LAUNCHER

HQ
    1 CHAOS LORD
    TERMINATOR ARMOR
    FEEL NO PAIN
    AXE OF KHORNE
    MARK OF KHORNE
    DAEMONIC RESILIANCE
    DAEMONIC VISAGE

OK, so he wants a pred to match my defiler,
    I'm not sure where his list will go from this point. but it'll be interesting, anyone have any recommendations for me? or him? anything is most welcome.

thanks.....

Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, all better, this'll be a fun game.

can you believe as a worldeater i had no idea how khornate chainaxes worked, i thought they defeated all armor 4+ i just realized by reading another list that chainaxes kill marines on a 3 armorsave instead of just a 1-2. this is a truly wonderous thing, especially when i get all touchy feely on his termie.

question, i give veteran ability's to units, not individuals right? so furious charge will cost the same for a squad as for a single guy?

also, i know men in there own squad can shoot from behind there homeboys, but can a squad shoot past a different friendly squad?

also, do you recommend anything to him as an iron warrior dealing with my worldeaters? i'll pass it along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your chaos lord is illegal. With all the gifts you gave him he also counts as a daemon prince. You cannot combine terminator armour with stature. You give veteran skills to each model, so you have to pay for everyone in your squads. ToBB can only be given to aspiring champions or above.

If I were him I'd use a basic lieutenant with a kai gun, or if he just needs to have a lord, have him get a daemon prince with stature, dreadaxe, furious charge and have him charge your lord. Otherwise he should take a couple of lascannons and plasma guns, they'll drop your lord before he even reaches combat because he is very slow and as he is statured he can be picked among other troops. He should also take normal bolters and plasma guns in his squads, not bolt pistols and cc weapons, as he can shoot down your beserkers before they get too close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by idinos@Aug 11 2004, 11:28
    Your chaos lord is illegal. With all the gifts you gave him he also counts as a daemon prince. You cannot combine terminator armour with stature. You give veteran skills to each model, so you have to pay for everyone in your squads. ToBB can only be given to aspiring champions or above.

If I were him I'd use a basic lieutenant with a kai gun, or if he just needs to have a lord, have him get a daemon prince with stature, dreadaxe, furious charge and have him charge your lord. Otherwise he should take a couple of lascannons and plasma guns, they'll drop your lord before he even reaches combat because he is very slow and as he is statured he can be picked among other troops. He should also take normal bolters and plasma guns in his squads, not bolt pistols and cc weapons, as he can shoot down your beserkers before they get too close.
    [snapback]196040[/snapback]

awww, damn, i knew it was too easy. i shoulden't have beaten him soo badly, now i feel bad, i cheated. i'm gonna have to re-write my list.

thx for the heads up. i'll fix it, and pass along the hq info to him.

UPDATE: hehe, i accedently gave him an Entire havok squad free, needless to say, he murdered me. 8 plasma guns is one hot load to run twards. after that, i got the thought that i might need something that can soften him up a bit. introducing DEFILER, REAPER AUTOCANNON,HAVOKS, DIRECT FIRE BATTLE CANNON, it's a pretty beast, i'm thinking if i play my cards right, i can rip his havok squads up a little before i run face first into plasma hell. but my troops suffered, i got 2 squads of five, stock to the bone with khornate chainaxes, luckly my lord wasn't nutered too bad, i was actually thinking about, sitting in the cover, just out of range, maby spreading my men out along the 24" line and taunting them with battle cannon shells. when they break formation, to stop there pounding, thats when i rush........i wonder what kharn would think about this tactic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I edited the Wargear costs out of the list. GW gets angry with copyright infringement, and I don't think we want a lawsuit. I was nice and edited them this time -- next time I will delete the thread.
    OMFG1337!!!!111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duelly noted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your lord is not illegal.

Yes, because of all the gifts he is a demon prince.

Princehood does not give him deamonic stature.
    Daemonic Stature makes him a demon prince.

Only daemonic stature prevents the wearing of terminator armor.
    Since he is a demon prince yet NOT statured, he is fine.

If i were you, i would try putting in more troops. That defiler is good, but might be a little over the top in 500 points . Besides, you could easily get 16+ Berzerkers in there for that amount of points. IF you arent playing with tanks, they will tear it up in CC.
    <span style='color:blue'>Archon of the Kabal of the Death Shade</span>
    <span style='color:purple'>W:18 L:4 D:0</span>

<span style='color:gray'>Warsmith of the Iron Warrior&#39;s 81st Company - The Dragon&#39;s Claw</span>
    <span style='color:orange'>W:9 L:0 D:0</span>

<span style='color:green'>Random 500 point (often) proxy games W:3 L:2 D:0

View pics of <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/warsmith2.jpg' target='_blank'>My Warsmith</a> and <a href='http://www2.onu.edu/~n-roffey/archon.jpg' target='_blank'>My Archon</a>.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, this&#39;ll be the 1st game with tanks, i&#39;ll be fielding a defiler while he will have a pred, i tried to go up against his x8 plasmaguns, last game, although i gave him 70 x-tra points on accedent, he shredded my troops waay before they hit his lines, but my lord on his jugger made it&#33; hit a plasma squad with 1 wound left, wiped em out in 1 turn with an axe of khorne, so i guess in a straight fight without the 70 x-tra points i might get my troops into cc, but the defiler looks real fun, and is bound to ***** his plasmaguns off, if i can get rid of his pred, before it can get in range with it&#39;s lascannons, then i&#39;ll really be able to reign on his troopkillers, but, i bet we&#39;d be much more evenly matched if we went head to head, with 500vs500 on the same lists instead of 500vs570. i dunno, i&#39;ll talk to em, see if he wants to wait till we move up to 750pts for vehicles.

Closed Thread