Tau or Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau or Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau or Tyranids

Hey All,

I'm sorry if these topics get old, but I was hoping to get some outside input on the pros and cons of both the Tau and Tyranid Armies.

Now, just to state the obvious, these are two VERY different forces, so let me explain why I am torn between the two.

Basically, I think both armies would be fun to paint. I care little about winning or loosing and am much more interested in having fun and playing an army I like. For aesthetic reasons, the Tau and the Tyranids both appeal, but I can't make up my mind. Short of tossing a coin, I wanted to get some more information on how both forces play.

Here's what I have gathered so far:

On the one hand, you've got the Tyranids. Melee machines, typically fielded in large numbers, backed up by some impressive monsters. In the looks department, I like the consistent look of the Tyranids. All of their units have a similar feel and go well together.

On the other side of the fence, we have the Tau. Much better at ranged as far as I can tell, but weaker in the melee scene. As far as vehicles go, the Tau have some of the coolest looking ships I have seen. I love the way their troop slook, though the Kroot do feel a slightly out of place.

I open to pretty much any comments or ideas. Like I said, both armies look fun to paint, but I'm still not sure which I would enjoy playing more. If any of you want to offer your two cents, that would be great. If you play either army, what do you like about them? What do you dislike?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your style of playing with what you think looks cooler. That is how I tend to choose my armies, then I take and learn to play with them afterwards.

You pretty much summed up both armies yourself pretty well. It all would boil down to whether you honestly want to play a shooty army, or an assaulty one at this point.

I personally have played Tau since there intial release and love them. At least most of them, I hate Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. Like you, I really pick an army based on how they look and the learn the strategy behind them later. Doesn't win me many games at first, but I have more fun.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I am going to go with the Tau. Cool and the Tyranids are, the Tau vehicles and main units have a sweet feel to them.

It's funny you mention the Kroot. While I am sure they are an important part of a Tau army from a gameplay perspective, I dislike how much they stand out from the bulk of the Tau units. Perhaps they will grow on me, but I much prefer the clean lines of the battle suits.

+ Reply to Thread